FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: LF - rear disc conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
used or new, doesnt matter. it has to have ebrake cable and in working condition..discs and pads life doesnt matter much.

let me know.
I'd in interested in finding out the cost for a new rear disk set up aswell.
The direct kit from frpp is discontinued... Best bet is to find a used kit like I did... However, the only parts from the svt rear brake kit I'll be using is the mounting bracket, rotors and pads... After the swap I'll have a complete st rear brake kit with svt rear hubs and necessary brake cables.
If neone wants to purchass it
i thought rear st and svt discs are same?
(11-16-2011, 11:33 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]i thought rear st and svt discs are same?

ST rear rotors are 10" diameter, SVT are 11" ... pretty sure both caliper and caliper bracket are also different.
The caliper bracket is different but the caliper it self is apparently the same according to my local ford dealer.
bump..
n e body?
Leo, I'll have a set of st rear brakes come spring?? Bought an svt kit used of FF but I only need the mounting bracket... I can swap the st bracket and svt bracket an then ill have an st kit? Includes svt hubs (unknown amount of km), svt ebrake cables (unknown amount of km), svt caliper, st rear rotors and pads (unknown amount of km, not sure if it got a brake job before I bought it), st caliper bracket (~75000km). I think youd have to source out some new hardware for the svt calipers. let me know if u wanna wait that long.
oh yeahy??
so the rear brake is st, whenever i need rotos and pads for it, i can order the 01-04 Ford Focus with Advancetrac (Exc. SVT) & '03-06 2.3L Duratec?

i dont mind waiting, if you are for sure doing it, i will buy it off from you.

oh by the way, i received package today, thanks for quick and secure packaging!
Yea I believe those would be the right years and model... And yea I'm definitely doing the swap as soon as the snow in my driveway melts... I have brand new svt fronts and used rears sitting under my bed in a tote
Yea our shipping manager told me this aft that it got there... Glad it made it!!
guess i gotta pray snow gets melt soon lol
I'm praying just as hard as u if not more! I want my turbo on haha
question, what is involved to upgrade st rear to svt rear?
Just the svt caliper bracket and the svt rotors... Everything between the kits other than that is the same, even the same pads.
(01-11-2012, 09:09 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Just the svt caliper bracket and the svt rotors... Everything between the kits other than that is the same, even the same pads.

But of course the caliper bracket is the issue ... Ford has stopped making them, no one has stock, and IIRC the aftermarket doesn't make them. That's why Ford Racing stopped producing the rear SVT brake kit.
by law dont they have to make those parts for 10 years after car production? if thats the case then 2014 at the latest!
(01-13-2012, 01:21 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]by law dont they have to make those parts for 10 years after car production? if thats the case then 2014 at the latest!

Looks like the 10 year thing was a manufacturers guideline rather than an actual law.
bump, still looking
Let's just say that there will be a part out coming soon. Let's not jump the gun here people its still my DD. But Leo, you know what brakes and suspension I am running in my 02. Patients my friend.