FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2012 TSB, Dual Clutch Transmission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To all of you who are following the trials and tribulations of being a proud owner of a 2012 Focus with the dual clutch transmission, I went in and had the TSB done on the transmission, a software upgrade, so I am told. I started driving my car and immediately noticed that the shifts were much quicker, and firmer. I had to check to see if it was my car. The downshifts were the same, as the upshifts. I can't believe the difference. It makes the car a much better vehicle to spend some time in. So, to sweetg, if your Titanium is one of the earlier builds, with the lazy transmission, go get it "fixed" it's like a performance mod at no cost. To anyone else thinking of a 2012, with the DCT ( for the wifey ), and only hear about the lazy transmission, don't listen, go out and get one.
this is good news Smile
i love the DSG in the wife's TDi, those are sweet trannies, once they get the bugs out.

Glad Ford has updated the DCT on the focus! Im guessing this would be the same tranny in the 2013 Escape! Smile
(12-01-2011, 12:48 PM)mo_focus Wrote: [ -> ]i love the DSG in the wife's TDi, those are sweet trannies, once they get the bugs out.

Glad Ford has updated the DCT on the focus! Im guessing this would be the same tranny in the 2013 Escape! Smile

I do believe it would be the same one. It's also the same transmission in the Fiesta. Now,the only way for me to tell that the transmission has shifted is by looking at the Tach, and listening to the engine. (which is hard to do over the volume of the radio)
This is a very welcome development. I drove a pre-TSB SEL hatch and was unimpressed. I'll have to go take one out again now that the TSB is out there.
(12-07-2011, 12:06 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]This is a very welcome development. I drove a pre-TSB SEL hatch and was unimpressed. I'll have to go take one out again now that the TSB is out there.

Make sure it's been done.....you know how much dealers like to fix things...........or, just buy one with a stick......or an ST. The only model that you can't get a stick in is the Titanium.
^ which is retarded
(12-07-2011, 03:14 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]^ which is retarded

Retarded was having to wait almost ten years to get the same vehicle as our european brothers. Not offering a Manual transmission in a Titanium is odd. Ford probably thought that those who can afford the Titanium would be older folks who are tired of using their left leg to drive......those that can afford the Titanium that want a MT will probably wait for the ST. or option up an SE.
mmmm... ST