FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Added 10 Horsepower!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally purchased a K&N air filter for my 2012 Focus. According to the advertising, I will get a 1% increase in horsepower. Who knows? I just like the fact of having a reusable filter. The original filter is a standard paper filter.

What K&N neglect to tell it's buyers is that by putting their decal on your vehicle, you get an increase of 10 horsepower..........Big GrinBig GrinCool
1% of 100hp is 10hp?
(12-04-2011, 03:05 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]1% of 100hp is 10hp?

Someone on here told me once that for every decal you put on your car, you get a 10 horsepower increase, according to the Ricer's bible....
ah~~got ya, then you just added 11hp lol
sticker horsepower only works on honda's, in a focus' case it drops horsepower, unless its a focuscananda.net sticker Tongue
So, I have 4 focuscanada.net stickers. How much horsepower have I gained?
(12-04-2011, 07:01 AM)oldeguy Wrote: [ -> ]So, I have 4 focuscanada.net stickers. How much horsepower have I gained?

40 horsepower. Unfortunately it barely offsets the aerodynamic drag they created ...
Tongue
How much HP would be gained by adding racing stripes then?
(12-05-2011, 03:24 AM)moon111 Wrote: [ -> ]How much HP would be gained by adding racing stripes then?

Don't even go there...

"more than you can handle"
You'll probably get more HP from adjusting your tire pressure than from that filter lol
Try speed holes!
I hear niteshit works wonders.
(12-06-2011, 11:03 AM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]I hear niteshit works wonders.

NiteSHADE, like the horsepower increase from decals, only works on Hondas and Acuras. Intake, exhaust, and forced air induction work on Focus's.