FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What I've been up to.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I haven't been around much since my accident. Yes I was in an at fault accident and smashed up the front end. Its all good and put back together but the euro grill was a loss.

So what Have I been doing you ask. Making babies (baby only I hope Smile ) and building a Motorcycle.

She is a 1979 Yamaha XS650. We have dropped it 2", streched the rear swing arm 4" and changed from a dual rear shock set up to a mono shock, sport bike style.

On to the photos. Enjoy.

First step drop for stance ideas.

[Image: photo-15.jpg]

Step 2 disassemble

[Image: photo-19.jpg]

Step 3 cut it up

[Image: photo-21.jpg]

Step 4 Strech swing arm

[Image: photo-33.jpg]
[Image: photo-35.jpg]

Add Clip on Bars

[Image: photo-41.jpg]

Remove Engine for cleaning

[Image: photo-48.jpg]

Prime

[Image: photo-50.jpg]

Paint (most of it)

[Image: photo-49.jpg]

Install engine

[Image: photo-52.jpg]

Mount Mono Shock

[Image: photo-71.jpg]

[Image: photo-69.jpg]

And that is where she stands as of today. Planning on having this done for the Spring Motorcycle Supershow at the international Center this coming March.

What do you think?
(12-21-2011, 08:25 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]So I haven't been around much since my accident. Yes I was in an at fault accident and smashed up the front end. Its all good and put back together but the euro grill was a loss.

So what Have I been doing you ask. Making babies (baby only I hope Smile ) and building a Motorcycle.

She is a 1979 Yamaha XS650. We have dropped it 2", streched the rear swing arm 4" and changed from a dual rear shock set up to a mono shock, sport bike style.

On to the photos. Enjoy.

And that is where she stands as of today. Planning on having this done for the Spring Motorcycle Supershow at the international Center this coming March.

What do you think?

Fantastic - awesome stuff ... just one question though ... where are the pics for the first project you mentioned?

LOL Ken. I am not posting pictures of my wife. Well not the pictures you want. LOL.
Here is my build log on the XS650 forum. Build Log
wow Kev that looks sweet...going to look even betterwhen finished.... Kudos to take on a project like that. I should stretch mine out a bit too...its a little small for my likes.
[Image: sickride.JPG]
Nice work Kev.

Is that a backyard ice rink in the last photo?
Yeah man. Kind of unseasonably warm to flood it yet. The Zamboni is all tuned up and ready to go to work.
love it man...been decades since I got on 2 wheels, but man I would love to do a project like this. love stretched out bikes.
Nice project I bet its gonna look great when its done.
check out these guys parts when it comes do throttle/clutch controls... nice to have non exposed cables in a custom bike..

http://www.exilecycles.com/index.php?section=37
Thanks Kev, but these will not work on my bike. I have clip on bars which mount directly to the fork tube. No risers or 1 piece handle bar.
hey..re-reading this... a new baby on the way?

Yeah man. Apparently it works when you least expect it. LOL