FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Yeah, I Know, This Isn't Escapecanada.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But I need the straight dice on the actual service maintenance on an 08 Escape.

50K service is coming up this week and besides my 10k synthetic swap, they want to:

- trans flush/fill, no filter

- fuel filter (yes, I could likely do it myself but it's too f***ing cold and I don't have a garage)

- oil, filter change (supplying my own Mobil 1 for that one, they're supplying oil filter)

No air filter as I did mine a few thousand KMs ago.

I'm going out to the truck to double-check my manual, but if those "in the know" could pass along some sage words of advice, it would be appreciated.

If nobody here knows, I'll go to Escape-Central.com. I just figured I'd ask as more than a few of us have Escapes. :)

Thanks boys!
Well thats the normal stuff they would want to do at 50,000km. Also you can add a multi-point inspection, rotate your tires(tell you, you need new ones), inspect your brakes(also tell you, you need new ones), and top up any other fluids too. Most of its a joke if your a wanna-be mech that can do most of the stuff yourself. You can also take it to a Midas and other places like that but the price might not be as good or bad. Though when changing the fuel filter, Ford would replace the clips for free but another shop would charge you for it.

Also you said (- trans flush/fill, no filter) why no filter? Unless you have a CVT?
Supposedly they don't do the filter till 100K.

I'll get the manual shortly. I'm not 100% convinced on this one.
Change the front and rear diff fluid, check driveshaft and hanger bearing (if you have one?),CV joints and boots. It sounds like you use your SUV the way it should be used. Do you have skid plates? I would do a theroux inspection while its in the air.
I don't know, in my Focus the filter was fairly clean but I still changed it. A couple of bucks could save you alot in the end.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 17 2009, 09:21 AM Wrote:Supposedly they don't do the filter till 100K.

I'll get the manual shortly. I'm not 100% convinced on this one.
[right][snapback]281239[/snapback][/right]

Adam apparently the earlier Escapes and Tributes had transmission issues (03?-04?) If your getting it flushed you might as well get a new filter.
Honestly i'd wait on the fuel filter till its warmer, waiting a few months and saving yourself $80 on the labour charge its probably gonna make you happy and not hurt anything.

Same with transmission, you can do it yourself without issue. Theres a few good writeups. Again waiting a few months till its wamer won't cause your car to magically break down.

As long as it doesn't fry my warranty. I'll be back - going to get the manual I was supposed to get earlier. :lol:

Maintaining my warranty is my only concern, fellas.

EDIT - PWNED! :lol:

Had the service manager admit while I was on the line that fluid change wasn't needed (only TorqShifts are at 48k and those are Heavy-Duty / Super-Duty transmissions).

Going to hold off on trans fluid stuff and I'll wait to do the filter myself in the spring. I'll even call them and have them record the fact I did the fuel filter myself. :lol:

Normal maintenance on fuel filter is 96k.

Man, the normal service interval on Escape transmission fluid is 240k :lol:

These guys kill me! I already spoke with the service manager. Looks like all I'm doing is an oil change on Friday.