FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I have a leftover xbox 360....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so went out and bought the new xbox 360 (i recently acquired a bigger HDTV with HDMI so i 'needed' the upgrade Tongue) but now im stuck with this perfectly good 360 just sitting around the house. I figure rather then throwing it away, ill hook it up to my kenwood 7 inch in dash touch screen headunit in my SVT. The unit comes with the necessary A/V jacks (red, white and yellow) and the mounting will be simple enough (under the seat for day to day, in between the rear harness bar or something like that for shows).

The only issue is hardwiring it into the fuse box. Specs are as follows: 203 running watts, 12v @ 16.5 amps. I figure I dont need the big, bulky AC -> DC converter since the car is already running DC voltage to the fuse box. I do however need to cap the voltage @ 12 since thats as much as it will take. I want it hard wired in as opposed to hooking up an inverter somewhere and just plugging it in. If anyone has done this or something along these lines any info would be much appreciated!
isnt xbox basically carpc?

disassemble xbox and you will see motherboard..get something like this. dc to dc and wire it up.
http://store.mp3car.com/M4_ATX_HV_250W_I...wr-042.htm