FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Official FR12 Focuscanada.net Discussion thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
estimated cost for the trip?? anyone from last year care to share? as a rough idea? need an idea for how much to put aside and how much time to book off.
if we have enough people to get everyone 4 to a room, your looking at about 500-600$ a person. That is with hotel @ 110$ (averaged over 4 nights and 4 way split b4 taxes) and about 160$ in gas to make the trip. Show registration gets you +1 into the show on all days. Last year i brought 500$ for me and i had 50$ left when i got back to grab dinner with the g/f. That included liquor, buying small stuff down there, eating out everyday at denny's, pizza hut, red robin, sonic, bob evans etc...

This year i plan to take about 750$ with me in case i find a good deal on some parts. Going to be a good year!
And since we need an idea of numbers....

planning to attend:
Jamie
John
Korby +1
Oscar
Luke

maybe:
jamie #2
JMcustoms
jonathan
brandon
chris
leo
eric
02_svt_guy

anyones names i forgot, post up.

now also, i am likely bringing down my gf +2 friends too. i basically already have a full room if they come through on this. worst case i will have 2 open spots.
(01-20-2012, 02:01 AM)lonewolf Wrote: [ -> ]estimated cost for the trip?? anyone from last year care to share? as a rough idea? need an idea for how much to put aside and how much time to book off.

time to book off: may 31st to june 4th (thursday to monday)

Put me down as maybe. Who would be heading there from the Ottawa area?
I'd be going from Ottawa, as would JM Customs depending if he either took his focus or ended up passenger in mine.
My wife is also coming Jamie so my +1 is booked... And we'd most likely just get our own room
Good to know. we could meet up in Ottawa drive to the GTA get together with the rest of the gang and cruise to the show.
Im a maybe as of right now. Im going to try and book it off and get my details sorted over the next few days and ill confirm my status.
Booked off!!! im in!
i also spoke to sean (drunkinmonkey), he is also in as of now.
Awesome! this is coming along great, and to go with the good response dark puppet is hopefully going to be setting us up a sub section so we can have all our information for referencein one location too. keep your eyes peeled in the next few weeks for that to show up as i will be putting all the information for FR into specific threads there along with having our discussion going on there as well.

I will also have an official attendance thread which will also note who is registered along with a room mate thread when the time comes to find room mates if need be.
Sounds good dude... wife and i both still have to put in our vacation at MBRP.. deffinately shouldnt be a problem for both of us to be off though because we work in different departments! Cant wait!!!
Ill probably have to pass this year, the wife and i are saving for a trip to cuba, ( also paying for my parents anniversary )

Always next year guys
(01-21-2012, 01:36 AM)02_svt_guy Wrote: [ -> ]Good to know. we could meet up in Ottawa drive to the GTA get together with the rest of the gang and cruise to the show.

Way, way WAY too far out of the way. I think that alone adds another 4.5 hours to our drive - the entire drive to Toronto. Lol
im pending if i can go or not...seeing as i have 2 counts of possession of stolen property charges on my right now...not entirely sure if i can even cross the boarder. ahaha im hoping i can get these charges dropped before hand though so i can make it out! (seeing as i had nothing at all to do with these charges, just wrong place at the wrong time deal.)
How did I not see this sooner, I am in as well. SVTWGN is still a mabey but myself and another focus are making the trip.
Brandon- you should be able to pass threw if its only stolen property. They only really care about the drugs and booze charges.

I'm soo glad to see so much interest in this now. And Jamie but me as a 100%. Only way I'm not making it is if I'm dead lol.

Also Just signed up for the show just this second.
Huh. Well then. I'll have to look into that. Cuz this trip would a good one to go on.
ya, get it sorted out brandon and let us know how it goes. i will throw you on the maybe list for now.

(01-22-2012, 02:00 PM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2012, 01:36 AM)02_svt_guy Wrote: [ -> ]Good to know. we could meet up in Ottawa drive to the GTA get together with the rest of the gang and cruise to the show.

Way, way WAY too far out of the way. I think that alone adds another 4.5 hours to our drive - the entire drive to Toronto. Lol

It would be best for your sake of the drive to leave from ottawa and meet up either on the way or down at the hotel. When time draws closer we will set up drive down information. It would be preferential to not drive with 10 cars all at once, but to rather break it up into 2-3 groups. dont want to draw to much attention on the drive or the border crossing.

yeah I know I looked into it last year it is so, so much better to just meet at the hotel, or at least like 80% of the way there lol
gfx jamie - sounds good! courts coming up end of feb...so lots of time to start saving.
im in
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5