FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dinging like I forgot my keys.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. Not sure if this has come up before but last night my car started dinging like I left the keys in the ignition or the lights on after removing the keys. Has anyone had this come up before? When I shut the door it stops, but with the door open and keys in hand, ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding........

What's up with that?
Could it be that the key and/or cylinder is worn?
You know, the key comes out when the ignition switch
is not actually all the way to the key-release position.
If that is the case, the ding ding would come on
because it thinks the key is still 'on' when the door is opened.
Try it again only this time, ensure the key is
all the way to the off position.
Good luck.
i actually had that happen when i had my 01. ding ding ding till you shut the door. it made me think it was some sort of wire thing with the lights cuz thats the way it would ding if you left your lights on. i think mine eventually sorted itself out
It stopped this afternoon. I'll wait and see if it happenes again.
it is one of door pin switches are causing the problem.
open 1 door at a time, grab door pin switch and wiggle it, when you hear ding-ing, that door pin switch is about to go.
Well it stopped dinging, so I stopped worrying.

Out of sight......
same thing happened with my driver door, every bump id hit "ding ding ding" so i found the door ajar switch and put some tape on it....problem solved....Cool
This morning, I had just read this, got in my car and the same thing happened. I slammed the door shut again, door ajar light went out, pulled out of the parking lot and my door swung open. Slammed it shut again and it was fine.