FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: CEL and new hesitiation issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok.. So where to start. first things first I have a CEL on and it has to do with my o2 sensor(downstream i believe). it has been on for a while and i have replaced it twice now. I am thinking my Cat is on the way out or already gone as i am starting to noticing driveability issues when the car warms. It jerks and hesitates at lower RPM's and miss's at idle. More recently i have noticed i cannot go more then half throttle or so in any gear as it goes into a full on misfit state of hesitation. Is this an issue with my Cat? i replaced the plugs last winter with e3 plugs so they are not the issue. Does anyone know if what i am experiencing is directly related to the cat or could it be a possible vacuum leak or a common problem? any help would be nice before i start throwing money at 02 sensors and a Bolt on Cat section.

Also it is def not my Clutch. When the car is cold it is fine.

Thanks,

Brandon
doubt its an issue with the svt model but I would still check....

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/showthr...?tid=13248

I would also still take a look at the plugs and wires just to be 100% sure.
crack in the coil pack
Thanks guys. I have a warm garage to do some much needed tlc on the SVT this weekend... So i will check the connection for the coil. Ive been running Screamin Demon coil and live wires for about 60k now so maybe it is starting to retire. I will keep u posted. Would a extremely dirty airfilter or MAF cause this?
it could, I know when my Ebay air filter on my turbo would get wet, I would get similar issues.

I'd check the coilpack/wires 1st though since its right there....
the cat maybe plugged,,,we had to chang ours to pass the e-test
def check coil pack, wires and sparks first. mine had the same issue, I swapped all three components plus replaced my vacuum hose at the back of the intake and it cleared right up!
Yup, also the leads going into the coil pack (if roughly the same as the Zetec setup). Doubt it's the cat as a miss is ignition or fuel (normally ignition), so a cat would be too far removed from the issue.