FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Midway Games Files For Chapter 11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Even the classic video game companies are falling like flies.
MIDWAY GAMES

F A T A L I T Y !!!!!
As long as Capconm and Activision make it who cares.
Canadian ST,Feb 15 2009, 04:54 PM Wrote:As long as Capconm and Activision make it who cares.
[right][snapback]281160[/snapback][/right]
and EA, they make some of the really good sim & sports related games everyone likes.
Don't forget Rockstar.
Man, and here I thought Midway was raking in the cash with their recent titles (MK vs. DC Universe is a hot seller)

EA Games are the 1,000lb gorilla in the room though and that's not always a good thing (witness their lockup of the NFL rights and what happened to their competitors as a result)

NefCanuck
ANTHONYD,Feb 16 2009, 12:25 AM Wrote:Don't forget Rockstar.
[right][snapback]281166[/snapback][/right]

True, can't forget the GTA series.
EA is in bigger trouble than people think.

Sales of annual sports game updates has started falling flat over the years due to franchise overload... and some of their best games of the year (read: Dead Space) didn't do as well as they should.

So there you have it. The more IPs a company holds, the more risk they have in their portfolio. They'd be better off if they were a smaller company with one or two good IPs to manage.

I'm sure there'll be more layoffs in the industry and closures to compliment the half dozen or so that have folded recently.
Too bad hopefully they can dig themselves out of the hole, I have fond memories of playing there games when I was a kid. Time to dig up the old Atari 2600 grab a beer and play some Defender.

Laterz :)
Geez... they're the veterans that shouldn't go down.

Oh and Vault (L4D)... along with Atari/Epic (Unreal series)