FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Ford Edge Quotes (pics)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey fellas.
Busy day today, we test drove another slew of cars.
We test drove 2 edges at 2 separate dealers to see if there was a cost difference.

The model we settled on was an AWD Edge Limited with leather and moon roof.
M.S.R.P. $ 43,149.00 at one dealer (Terrace) , and $ 40,617.20 at another dealer. (Discovery)

Please help us out.... this stuff is like hieroglyphics for me.

We are still just preliminary, so please don't flame on the payment plans etc...
0% 72 Mnths with 0 Down.

Have a look at these quotes and let me know what you all think.

Do these sound wickedly exspensive to you guys?

They say that because of our otential x-plan eligability, they don't have a lot of wiggle room with the numbers. Is this true?

It seems like I should be able to do better than the quotes below.... what do you guys think???
Thanks guys.

AND IF I MAY SAY.....YOU GUYS IN THE OAKVILLE PLANT MAKE A BEAUTIFUL CAR.....WE TEST DROVE A LOT OF s*** TODAY.

a.

TERRECE FORD

[Image: EDGEQUOTES_terrece.jpg]

DISCOVERY FORD

[Image: EDGEQUOTESdiscovery.jpg]
A dealer that has higher volumes of a particular vehicle will receive bigger discounts from Ford. That's why the two vehicles may vary in price. Try getting a quote from a bigger dealer like Oakland or even some of the large dealers in TO. I found my truck at the time was almost $200/month different between 2 dealers. And that's on Aplan.

Wiggle room? Don't tell the dealer about the X plan. That money doesn't come off their bottom line. There's is always a little room, especially with a car that is in excess of $40k.

And if you need a pin for the plan, you know where I am. Except this week. I am in Florida. Golfing.

Glad you liked the Edge.
Are these 09's? Can you find some old 08 in the lot and get a discount?

What the hell is misc charge of $434 for the first one?

Are you set on buying brand new? You can save youself 150$ a month if you get 08 LTd ex rental from auction with around 30K. just FYI. I know i love the smell of new car, but 10K over 5 yrs is a lot of money to consider. Specially in these days.
mo_focus,Feb 14 2009, 09:41 PM Wrote:Are these 09's? Can you find some old 08 in the lot and get a discount?

Are you set on buying brand new? You can save youself 150$ a month if you get 08 LTd ex rental from auction with around 30K. just FYI. I know i love the smell of new car, but 10K over 5 yrs is a lot of money to consider. Specially in these days.
[right][snapback]281129[/snapback][/right]

Thing is, won't get 0% financing going used, so you have to figure that in as well (In fact I'd bet getting a car loan from the banks right now would be like pulling teeth, unless there is a lot of collateral involved)

and that $434? Pure profit and why I absolutely hate dealing unarmed with a car dealer. I may know the law, but they know every trick in the books to separate me from my money <_<

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 15 2009, 01:14 AM Wrote:
mo_focus,Feb 14 2009, 09:41 PM Wrote:Are these 09's? Can you find some old 08 in the lot and get a discount?

[right][snapback]281129[/snapback][/right]

Thing is, won't get 0% financing going used, so you have to figure that in as well (In fact I'd bet getting a car loan from the banks right now would be like pulling teeth, unless there is a lot of collateral involved)

and that $434? Pure profit and why I absolutely hate dealing unarmed with a car dealer. I may know the law, but they know every trick in the books to separate me from my money <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]281133[/snapback][/right]

Good point about the interest ... financing a used vehicle costing 33k at 5% costs more than 5,200 in interest at 60 months and the payments are over 620 per month ... personally I would much rather pay $0 in interest and add a year to the payments in exchange for a new car.

The 434 is undoubtedly the admin fee that every dealer charges ... and the charges do vary a lot which is why shopping around is important - I know of Ford dealers that charge $750.

There should be no difference in the MSRP of the same vehicle at different dealerships ... God as they say is in the details ... what's more important than what is included is what isn't included - which is why both those worksheets are virtually useless because there are a lot of items that are not detailed there that you will end up having to pay for.

I did a quick analysis based on dealer cost ... and at face value neither of those deals looks particularly good, although one of them seems to be a good starting point for negotiation ... in the 22nd century however I am very leary of a hand-written offer like that - every dealership has the software to produce a detailed and error-free offer.

Leather BTW is standard on the Limited, so it appears that the only option you have included is the Vista roof ... although the MSRP of the first deal also seems to include something with an MSRP of 350 ... eg: Cargo package, Convenience Group or Remote start - all of which cost 350 ea.
My dad has an edge, 08 I think. I would go with an 09, they changed the HVAC back to knobs instead of the buttons, the buttons are horrible when driving. He also has the vista roof and to me that is the only reason to buy one. I love the glass roof idea, every car should be a glass roof, sunroof or no sunroof.

Couple other things when driving:
1) me I'm 5, 10 and I found my legs where to short when driving, they hung off the seats and eventually put my legs asleep. the 07, 08 seats don't go down enough.
2) When driving it's hard to see the front passenger corner
3) the edge feels like a cube van when driving.

43000 is a lot of money and for 72 months is a long time, I still like driving my focii's better

Last week when I was on ford.ca you can get an AWD SEL fusion for 26,000, but didn't you just pick up a fusion?

DRyanC
DRyanC,Feb 15 2009, 10:29 AM Wrote:Last week when I was on ford.ca you can get an AWD SEL fusion for 26,000, but didn't you just pick up a fusion?

[right][snapback]281137[/snapback][/right]
That was me (picked up two Fusions in the past month) - the Edge is for the OP AnthonyD.
Thats right, I just saw your pic as the last one.

One other thing to keep in mind. The edge will get about 500-550 km highway driving in the winter and 600-650 in the summer and thats at 70 liters

DRyanC
Thanks fellas for taking a look.
I'm horrible with negotiations and no matter the research I do, it always seem to buckle. It's like they can sense it.

Is there a website where I can go to see dealer costs?

And yes Mo, we did consider getting an 08 off the lot however, the financing rates were too high and if we're going to borrowing money from Ford, we'd like it to no be costing us anything.

I was a little leery of the hand written quote the lady at Discovery gave, so because of that, I'll keep her numbers in my pocket and continue to look elsewhere. See, EVERY dealer we spoke to yesterday both Ford and otherwise, all asked me (not Jennifer) if I had done any research.... as if to establish weather they could gear me or not. So right off the bat I was shaky.

I don;t understand it, i make 30 million dollar presentations to Trillion dollar pharmaceutical companies, and I'm cool as a cucumber when it comes to questions.... Negotiating a car...forget it. i think its because it's one of the only times in life where someone is openly trying to dupe you.

I'm going to try some bigger dealerships next week to see where we're at.

The most openly act of robbery was at Toyota.... the new Venza they have out, was a sweet "little" car and the wife wanted it bad... the interest rates an that particular car (and only that car) was 6.9%! well over 700 dollars a month for 72 mnths. :lol:
The Vista Roof, Sync, THX Stereo, 20" Chrome Rims and Pirelli Scorpions are what drew me to the Edge. However, after driving some Edges and some Limited Escapes, my wife preffered the more "Truck" feel to the Escape, as well as it was almost half the price of an Edge too (06, $17,900)...

I'd keep looking, and I'd actually consider looking at the Lincoln version of the Edge...it's dead sexy, and you can get them for a decent price (not moving as many of them as they'd like, so they are willing large incentives)...

And I wanted to mention that I like the Look of the Chevrolet Equinox Sport and the Pontiac Torrent GXP as well (in comparison to the Escape). I like that GMC Acadia and Chevrolet Traverse too in terms of bigger CUV/SUV's...

If price or fuel weren't options for you, would you look at a Trailblazer SS? Those are fricken awesome! lol

L8tz
just hold off to the end of the year, you might be getting it for free :)

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/01...dcars.html
I know not everyone is into leasing, but this is a good deal - especially considering the low monthly payments and the fact you put $4800 in your pocket.

Take over this lease with navi and ESP

Or this one ... newer and lower km and lower payments

BTW - email on its way to your work addy.
Hey Ken,
I appreciate the spread sheet. I think I'm beginning to understand all this now. i emailed you a couple of questions.

As for the lease busting... we thought about that. And we thought about hard, the only trouble would be coming up with the 12gs to buy it out down the road, we figured we would do it ourselves to save us the "scramble" before the lease comes up.

We appreciate the suggestion though.

a.
ANTHONYD,Feb 14 2009, 07:15 PM Wrote:We are still just preliminary, so please don't flame on the payment plans etc...
0% 72 Mnths with 0 Down.
Good, cus thats crazy :P

Is there buyouts at the end of the 72 months? or are you even steven when the 72 months is up.
http://www.insidetrack.ca/

I did some work for this guy a while back, he will get you the lowest price possible. Thet site may not be usefull, give him a call.
Flofocus,Feb 16 2009, 10:16 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Feb 14 2009, 07:15 PM Wrote:We are still just preliminary, so please don't flame on the payment plans etc...
0% 72 Mnths with 0 Down.

Is there buyouts at the end of the 72 months? or are you even steven when the 72 months is up.
[right][snapback]281176[/snapback][/right]

That is financing so we'll owe nothing when we're done.

We'd most likely get a plan where we can pay it off when ever we want.
ANTHONYD,Feb 16 2009, 11:01 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Feb 16 2009, 10:16 AM Wrote:
0% 72 Mnths with 0 Down.

[right][snapback]281176[/snapback][/right]

That is financing so we'll owe nothing when we're done.

We'd most likely get a plan where we can pay it off when ever we want.
[right][snapback]281182[/snapback][/right]

When you finance through Ford Credit it's always possible to pay the loan off early (In fact that's what I did last week with the Fusion, just have to get the proof to forward to my ins. co. to get them off the title) only catch would have been if you were paying interest on the loan but at 0% financing, you can call them up at any point, get the final payout number and cut a cheque

N.B. Ford Credit says to send the cheque to a P.O. Box in Scarlem (Scarborough) but you can also drop the cheque off to a Ford dealer who will then courier it to them (Guess which method this legal beagle used? :P :lol:)

NefCanuck
My advice is dont let them back you in a corner when you feel overwhelmed, just walk away, look at the numbers at home and come back later.

Dealers are hungry these days, if you tell them a realistic price and they tell you they cant match it... walk away. I guarantee you they will call you back the next day or later that week and get closer to your mark. Also as mentioned before do not tell them you have x-plan or a-plan, haggle them to the price you want and then drop the plan in.

The edge is a nice cross over and well worth the money..... as for the person that suggested a Lincoln that's like 10grand more? :blink:
D-Dub,Feb 17 2009, 10: Wrote:My advice is dont let them back you in a corner when you feel overwhelmed, just walk away, look at the numbers at home and come back later.

Dealers are hungry these days, if you tell them a realistic price and they tell you they cant match it... walk away. I guarantee you they will call you back the next day or later that week and get closer to your mark. Also as mentioned before do not tell them you have x-plan or a-plan, haggle them to the price you want and then drop the plan in.

The edge is a nice cross over and well worth the money..... as for the person that suggested a Lincoln that's like 10grand more? :blink:
[right][snapback]281249[/snapback][/right]

Yup, 10 grand more.
For what?
Thicker glass, more sound proofing, faux wood, finer leather.......
And I think some more tits and nipples.
Nothing substantial, (same as the SVT Focus over the regular)
ANTHONYD,Feb 17 2009, 10:53 AM Wrote:
D-Dub,Feb 17 2009, 10: Wrote:The edge is a nice cross over and well worth the money..... as for the person that suggested a Lincoln that's like 10grand more? :blink:
[right][snapback]281249[/snapback][/right]

Yup, 10 grand more.
For what?
Thicker glass, more sound proofing, faux wood, finer leather.......
And I think some more tits and nipples.
Nothing substantial, (same as the SVT Focus over the regular)
[right][snapback]281254[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, I dunno, at least the SVT Focus did come with more ponies than the regular grade Focus.

The pimped out Edge (AKA the MKX) can't even say that AFAIK, same engine tranny combo in both, with less performambce from the MKX because of the, erm "tits & nipples" (Though I hear the THX sound system is real nice)

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2 3