FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Heart and Stroke fundraising
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys (and ladies)

My wife is volunteering to raise money for the research of heart and stroke diseases. For those that don't know about my situation with my father, he under went heart surgery last year to have 3 arteries replaced because they were hardening to the point that he was on the verge of having a heart attack. Thank god for his military physical exams, without it, he could have dropped dead that winter while shoveling. His father, my grandfather, dropped dead at 40 from a heart attack. My wife lost her grandfather at 65 to a stroke, she lost her only uncle on that side to a heart attack at 57. You've seen the commercials - it really does take 1 in 3 away too early. This is near and dear to her - she isn't doing this for fun but to help research the diseases.

She's gone door to door in our area, did about 20 houses, and raised a whopping $5. People were rude, shutting the door in her face, I don't blame them, I don't want people bothering me at home either. But she is discouraged...

Yes, a lot of money goes towards administration, and you may have a beef about this, but with last year's efforts, they were able to put in over 100 public accessible defibrillators in the Prescott Russel area where we live. The money IS put to good use, please donate using the link below, anything counts, $2, $5, whatever:

http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/dono...5487292811
Thanks

-Nate & Andrea
I have donated in the past and will continue to in the future.
I have done quite a few events for H&S, definitely a worth while cause.
And having been trained and continually trained in AED's, I have seen them first hand, pull people back from certain death.
Hi guys, i am riding in the Becel Ride For Heart charity bike ride on June 3rd to do my bit for the foundation. If anyone would like to make a donation it would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link to my webpage, thanks.

http://www.kintera.org/faf/login/page_ed...9FD0C8E346

If you click on Fundraise/Donate and sponsor a rider, my name is Martin Gledhill. Thanks again.