FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New to Ford and a 2012 Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi just wanted to thanks the operators for this site to help me with our new Focus. I am a little disappointed in the gas mileage but it makes up on the looks
(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)scubadiver Wrote: [ -> ]Hi just wanted to thanks the operators for this site to help me with our new Focus. I am a little disappointed in the gas mileage but it makes up on the looks

Welcome to the site - lots of camaraderie and technical knowledge here - some curmudgeons too but don't let that deter you from asking for information or opinion.

You may want to give the car a few months and a few thousand km before assessing your fuel economy - every new car I've owned or leased has provided the best economy after the first few months.

BTW - I recently took a 2012 Focus SE Sport to a weekend track event at Mosport with my BMW club, and after re-bedding the brakes the car behaved astonishingly good for being stock ... many of the other members were impressed and I enjoyed it even if it was down on power from what I'm now accustomed to. I took in-car video, I really should edit that and post it.

Having said that LOL - it went through 94 octane fuel at the rate of about 18L/100km - that's what 30 minutes continuous open loop will do for ya
(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)scubadiver Wrote: [ -> ]Hi just wanted to thanks the operators for this site to help me with our new Focus. I am a little disappointed in the gas mileage but it makes up on the looks

Welcome! I too own a new 2012 focus. I have to agree, it is an awesome looking vehicle, sedan and hatch. One thing I have found that it is a very different vehicle from any previous Focus, a more "mature" vehicle, that is still fun to drive. I have also found since owning the car, mid-July, that the advertised gas mileage will never be realized, ( I think they use 90 year old's who can barely push the gas pedal to get the numbers), but that's the same for all manufacturers. The winter isn't great for any mileage testing either. I have gotten up tp 730 kms per tank a few times when doing mostly highway driving, and going only to the posted speeds. However, the drop off in mileage isn't as bad as the Elantra. What model and options did you get?
welcome to the site