FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Heavenly Detail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

awesome! wonder how long that will last here in toronto.
lots of different factors come into play on how long it will last. How you actually wash the car being one of the most important steps in keeping a swirl free finish.

I did my fathers lexus last spring. Got to see the paint in some light this year and the swirls are horrible. BUT - he parks his car outdoors and isn't afraid to use the snow brush directly on the paint to remove snow. He also lets the monkeys at the lexus dealership wash it for him - they probably use a bucket of sand with water thrown into it for good measure. But heh, he has a son that will spend days fixing it! LOL

My subaru - I did the job 2 years ago, still relatively swirl free but my car is always parked indoors, and I'm happy to say a snow brush did not touch the paint at all the last 2 winters.
(03-13-2012, 06:12 AM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]lots of different factors come into play on how long it will last. How you actually wash the car being one of the most important steps in keeping a swirl free finish.

I did my fathers lexus last spring. Got to see the paint in some light this year and the swirls are horrible. BUT - he parks his car outdoors and isn't afraid to use the snow brush directly on the paint to remove snow. He also lets the monkeys at the lexus dealership wash it for him - they probably use a bucket of sand with water thrown into it for good measure. But heh, he has a son that will spend days fixing it! LOL

My subaru - I did the job 2 years ago, still relatively swirl free but my car is always parked indoors, and I'm happy to say a snow brush did not touch the paint at all the last 2 winters.

As an expert what's your opinion of the techniques / products / results in the video?

Cool Vidz

He did a good job and seems to love his work as well.

I'm usually all about taking care of my car, but... I've been slacking. Then interior is a mess and the paint is kind of beat up a lil over the winter. I've got my work laid out for me to make her shine like new again.

Like Flow said the difference between a good job and a show winner is in the wash. Even though you may have just used the softest brush and the best soap with the eyes of an eagle, take a cloth and wipe it down. You will still see a level of dirt built up in the pores and minor scratches of the paint.

This is sad to say but I am finding more and more people are not taking care of their vehicles like they use too... Money could be tight and it could be the last thing on their mind. But I think it's to do with the dealerships promoting a maintenance free ownership. "Just bring it in and we'll fix her up".... Oh well.

Great post and I love those cars lol

(03-13-2012, 07:08 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]As an expert what's your opinion of the techniques / products / results in the video?

The wrapped car detail was neat. I have lots of reading to do on those types of finishes. Don't get too many of them around here.

The blue car could have probably used a wet sand. I didn't like the fact they used filler (the chemical guys glaze), just means they didn't get all the swirls out and needed to cover up what they missed. Other than that - it's top notch work. Products used are great products, similar if not the same stuff that I use.