FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Suspension!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, after a few pay cheques, all parts were aquired and now all installed thanks to my buddys shop at home lol.

So the parts i bought are:
- Eibach Sportlines
- KYB AGX all 4 corners
- SVT Rear Swaybar
- New Stab links all 4 corners
- and new Top hats to not take a chance and have all new
[Image: cfd9ee74.jpg]

Install went very well, need the torchs a few times but other then that we were done in about 3 hours. ( NOTE: yes i should have painted a few parts in the back but i didnt have a paint can around so ill need to do it some other day )
[Image: 7e758e2f.jpg]
[Image: fa544959.jpg]

And a picture of it on the ground
[Image: 8690d9d7.jpg]

So drove around all day and im loving the setup, the front steuts are set to 4 ( firm ) and the rear is set to 8 ( firm ), basically the highest settings. Heres a few pictures of the car today
[Image: a6a28149.jpg]
[Image: c426805c.jpg]

Tell me what you guys think!
Thanks
JM
(03-26-2012, 08:04 AM)JMCustoms Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, after a few pay cheques, all parts were aquired and now all installed thanks to my buddys shop at home lol.

So the parts i bought are:
- Eibach Sportlines
- KYB AGX all 4 corners
- SVT Rear Swaybar
- New Stab links all 4 corners
- and new Top hats to not take a chance and have all new
[IMG]http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/GJCustoms/cfd9ee74.jpg

So drove around all day and im loving the setup, the front steuts are set to 4 ( firm ) and the rear is set to 8 ( firm ), basically the highest settings. Heres a few pictures of the car today

Tell me what you guys think!
Thanks
JM

Nice - very nice. To my tastes the ride height is perfect and it sounds like it rides and handles great too. Good job.
Real nice!
Not too low either!
No im just about tucking, once the springs settle gonna be just a tad lower haha but it handles sooo good i love it, to the point that the wife wants to lower the 2011 the same way haha
looks good
Atta boi JM! She is coming along nicely.
Thanks guys! Like i told a few people, i have the handling that you would expect from a coilover suspension, but better drivability. Smile
This is pretty much the exact setup that I'm running on my SVTF. Only dif is I opted for the steeda 28.6 mm sway bar w/ the hnr adjustable one up front. This setup is banging tho, have fun in those corners!
Well the only reason why i got the svt is because i got it for 40$ lol
Nice work! That's pretty much the ideal setup in height for a Focus in my mind.
Springs are the only draw back - to soft.

If they made higher rate springs in that height they would be money! Same set up I use to have but w/ big rear bar. I find my racelands to be similar
Your right Jamie, the only thing that i dont like is the fender rub on one corner ( the corner you always lean lol, driver side front ),but other then that i am not complaning haha
very nice stance you got there
Fender rub? I'm much lower and I don't rub at all. Strange.
Well i looked over were it rubs, and im sure the fender isnt in great condition, its been banged up before and the lip isnt straight, but when i say it rubs, i mean when i take a hard right turn haha. Or a big bump of dip in the road
Roll the fenders then? That would likely remove the issue.