FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Door Dent And Repair
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Living in Ottawa, I have to contend with drivers with diplomatic plates. I had stopped at Loblaws after work to pick up some things for dinner. Parked in between 2 cars, perfectly centered in the lines. Went in to the store for maybe 10 minutes, when I came to my car, there was silver minivan on the drivers side, parked 6" away from my car, over the yellow line on my side. The van had 5-6 feet on the drivers side. I took pictures of the parked cars, eventually wedged myself into the car and backed out.

I inspected my car, and didn't see anything at the time, it was dark and my car was covered in a layer of thick road salt. Noticed it the next morning in the driveway, called the cops and the loblaws, didn't get any recourse.

Ended up getting it PDRed and the rear bumper touched up from some damage that was on the car when I bought it.

The PDR place, Autodentist, did a great job getting the dent out; being on the body line made it more difficult. There was also a shallow 2" dent on the hood that they popped out for me. If you're in the Ottawa area, and need PDR, or small spot resprays, I would highly reccommend them.

As for the car itself, its an 05 ZX3 SE, fully loaded. It also has a factory rear swaybar, which as far as I know, was never officially offered on the SE trim. It only has 32,000km. I purchased it in August of 09 with 18,000km on it.

The Dent Before
[Image: IMGP2694.jpg]

And After

[Image: IMGP2711.jpg]

[Image: IMGP2698.jpg]

A little dirty. The snow is almost gone, but not quite, I think we are going to get snowed on again though.

Rear Sway on a SE

[Image: IMGP2702.jpg]

Anyone else have a rear sway on a 05+ SE? My car was built an April of 04, maybe the factory had left over parts.

Interior

[Image: IMGP2701.jpg]

Mind the dirty rubber matts.

Euro HVAC, XM Install, RS Knob on Steeda STS

[Image: IMGP2706.jpg]

I have some more interior parts on the way, a perforated leather shift boot, SVT ebrake handle and leather boot, black radio bezel, and a custom leather armrest from redlinegoods.com

I love that my car is finally looks unmolested, and I feel that the interior is really starting to come together.
nice interior i love the leather. my sat radio is in almost the exact same place.
I want your leather seats...
Auto dentist gets a lot of good reviews from the car scene here in Ottawa!
That's a different RS knob. The only one I've seen is the steel one.

[Image: sparco-knobs.jpg]
I love my seats too, I'm fairly certain they are the same as the SVT seats, just with full leather, instead of the cloth centres. They are indeed factory.

As for the Autodentist, you were the one who recommended me Flofocus. They gave me a really good cash price. $120 to pull the dent on the door and hood, plus buff the scratches (couldn't get a few really deep ones) and $160 for a spot touch up spray of the rear bumper. They use a special chemical to melt the new clear into the old clear. I can't tell where they blended it at all.

The metal knob came stock on the RS, the leather RS knob I think was an accesories available through Ford Europe with the RS name on it. The leather feels great, it looks really slick, and it has the shift pattern embossed on the top. Direct screw in replacement, will even work with the reverse lock out if you have it (removed mine with the Steeda STS install)

I still have the winter tires on, Gislaved Nordfrost 5. Great tires in the snow, a little soft and mushy in the dry. I love the snowflake and polar bear.

[Image: IMGP2710.jpg]

Can't wait to get these on

[Image: IMGP2712.jpg]

16x7 ASA JS1 that I got for dirt cheap and refinished. Still need to touch up the lips some and give them a final polish. Nearly new 205/50/16 Falken FK452 to be mounted soon

SVT suspension is planned for some point over the summer. Anyone in the Ottawa area interested in helping out? I can pay in beer and food!
I have pretty much the exact same 05 se with a rear sway bar.
But my dent is on the passenger side :angry:
looks good, do u have any close ups of the repaired door dents?
im conteplating on getting all the little dents out of the car but wanna see the quality of it up close
my focus also had a small ding from a van.

Cars aren't cheap, and it pisses me off with all the idiots who don't give a crap about other people's cars.