FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: blow off valve source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I posted in my install thread, but figured I might get a quicker response if I start a new thread.

Anyways... Just wondering where everyone has tapped for their blow off valves. Pictures or a good description would be awesome. Thanks

Korby
From what I know you want it after the TB. So when the TB is closed the engine creates negative boost (vac) and sucks up the valve in the BOV.

On the duratec there is a port on the intake manifold to connect to from what I can remember off the stock one. But I have the Cossy and it was ready for add-ons

If I'm wrong don't shoot me lol
i have mine on the piping right before the tb, and a vac line to the manifold...but thats on a zetec....lol
I've got it T'd into a line after the TB on the mani... Gauge doesn't move from 22 in Hg vacuum... And I think my bov is staying open...
Gauge on the left, bov on the right
[Image: 1e8f854c.jpg]
Ps... I NEEDZ COSSIE!!!
Buy the cheap cossy from ebay. Same thing just not name lol.

I don't know, maybe your just drawing pure negative vcauum. Um try using the line from the fuel regulator.

I always heard of people using the little nipple that sticks out just on top of the far right intake flume.

Really not sure.

Maybe GFXjamie is someone you should PM, hes toyed with his so many times
Yea everyone Ive talked said they had a nipple on the top of the far right runner... Not there on mine Confused... I dunno lol... Is the fuel regulator the big ass line on top the fuel injector? And I've thought about the eBay one... It's prolly gonna be the way I'll go
[Image: c4fae2ce.jpg]
T into any of the lines running off the IM. when you blip the throttle you should have fluctuation on the gauge, but ofcourse no boost unless you really thump it or are under load. U want to make sure tho to T in before any sensors as they will screw with signal.

you can use the line going to fuel rail, just be careful not to break nipple off sensor. its an expensive sensor and is difficult to super glue back together (experience....)
I would think that the lines I've tapped into would be fine then... I dunno... When I get on the throttle while driving I can really hear air... I've checked all my couplings and my vacuum lines... To me it sounds like my bov is open... Which means it has a constant vacuum (right?)... Gonna try moving my vac line tonight to the fuel regulator line and see if that helps...
K... Just moved my bov and gauge onto the fuel regulator line..
[Image: 670b0477.jpg]
I think that worked... Now when I touch the gas the actual vacuum does down (closer to 0)... And when I'm under the car and give it a little gas I can start to see the plunger in the bov start to close... Now I gotta do a new datalog for Fernando with a properly working bov lol... Weew
Glad to hear
yep worked great!!
There must be something in the other line you were using that blocked or changed signal.

Glad to hear its working now, i remember the time I spent with oscar working through mine when I set it up. Good to have others do it first that can help
Yea... I was told those lines were regulated some how in the manifold... Its nice actually seeing the gauge move lol...
(04-06-2012, 11:25 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea... I was told those lines were regulated some how in the manifold... Its nice actually seeing the gauge move lol...

Excellent news Korby. I think we can close this thread down and continue on with your other turbo thread. We can always open this up if you need to.