FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: WTB Water Meth Injection Kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just like the title states im looking for a water meth injection kit to use on my SVT focus, so i can use lower octane gas. If you have one or know someone who does let me know at abono88@hotmail.com or pm me through here
Just reading about the water-meth benefits....looks amazing...why wouldnt more people install them? Seems to have some amazing benefits...what are the downfalls/potential dangers with this system??
(04-10-2012, 12:26 AM)arpaul15 Wrote: [ -> ]Just reading about the water-meth benefits....looks amazing...why wouldnt more people install them? Seems to have some amazing benefits...what are the downfalls/potential dangers with this system??

Other than the initial cost and the installation and the cost of the methyl hydrate - no pitfalls that I've found. It also helps immensely to have the ability to tune your car as with an XCal - if you just install it on a stock engine with the stock tune, the benefits will not be nearly so great.

FWIW I have the AEM Water meth system and for my application (JRSC BBK) and the concerns about underhood and intake air temps, it is frankly essential for me to make any decent power safely - and on 87.
U ran 87 ken?

I have one bnib but I will be using it for my car. Got my aem for 400 and change.
(04-10-2012, 01:44 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]U ran 87 ken?

I have one bnib but I will be using it for my car. Got my aem for 400 and change.

With water meth yeah. I got my AEM 5gal version with heavy duty pump for aroud 350 - pretty sure I offered up a group buy on here. My mechanic and one of his Honda buddies bought one
Decided to go with a AEM HD Water / Methanol Injection Kit with the 5 gallon tank about 400 all together shipped
(04-10-2012, 04:16 AM)0XDESVT Wrote: [ -> ]Decided to go with a AEM HD Water / Methanol Injection Kit with the 5 gallon tank about 400 all together shipped

That's a good choice for the pump. The 5 gallon tank OTH is a bit of pain to install. I ended up putting mine in the spare tire well along with the pump. You'd have to be Houdini to find space under the hood for it.
whats the PSI of the HD pump? im not sure if thats what i have or not LOL its a 200psi pump my kit has in it.
(04-10-2012, 06:46 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]whats the PSI of the HD pump? im not sure if thats what i have or not LOL its a 200psi pump my kit has in it.

Same psi - but capable of a higher volume flow and also built for longevity.
Yeah i was thinking of just mounting it to the opposite side of the subwoofer in the svt. I might have someone fab me up an aluminum tank though instead of the plastic one.