FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Were to buy Parts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So started to fit my lowering springs got the fronts on Went to do the back ones and the bolts in the lower control arms are seized and the only way I can see is to cut them out. Any one know a good place to buy control arms that arent an arm and a leg to buy
(04-08-2012, 07:36 AM)muttsnutts Wrote: [ -> ]So started to fit my lowering springs got the fronts on Went to do the back ones and the bolts in the lower control arms are seized and the only way I can see is to cut them out. Any one know a good place to buy control arms that arent an arm and a leg to buy

USA
Any recomendations?
(04-08-2012, 08:26 AM)muttsnutts Wrote: [ -> ]Any recomendations?

Well if you were here I`d recommend you buy them from me ... but otherwise I`d look at rockauto.com.

The only consideration there is that if you shop online you can`t specify which means of transport - and you definitely want US Postal Service only. UPS or fedex charges a border fee that wipes out any potential savings you might see.

If you want OEM stuff there`s always Steve at Tousley Ford - but again, you need to call in your order to ensure it`s shipped the way you need it.
you can PM steve via focal jet and specify the order and shipping that way aswell. ford is the way to go and if your close to the boarder you can always ship UPS to the local depo and pick up. the local ups depo in buffalo will hold for 10 days
(04-08-2012, 10:45 AM)PEGASIX Wrote: [ -> ]you can PM steve via focal jet and specify the order and shipping that way aswell. ford is the way to go and if your close to the boarder you can always ship UPS to the local depo and pick up. the local ups depo in buffalo will hold for 10 days

True that - but check to make sure that the location near you is a "deliver and hold" 'cause not all of them are.

[threadjack] Anyone in the GTA wanting to ship to Buffalo to save the border expense is welcome to ship to my place in Niagara Falls and I'll bring it back for you.

I'll ask for a contribution to gas and tolls but it will be a lot less than driving down yourself. PM me if interested. [/jack]
(04-08-2012, 10:54 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2012, 10:45 AM)PEGASIX Wrote: [ -> ]you can PM steve via focal jet and specify the order and shipping that way aswell. ford is the way to go and if your close to the boarder you can always ship UPS to the local depo and pick up. the local ups depo in buffalo will hold for 10 days

True that - but check to make sure that the location near you is a "deliver and hold" 'cause not all of them are.

[threadjack] Anyone in the GTA wanting to ship to Buffalo to save the border expense is welcome to ship to my place in Niagara Falls and I'll bring it back for you.

I'll ask for a contribution to gas and tolls but it will be a lot less than driving down yourself. PM me if interested. [/jack]
Im in Calgary so dont think that will work Another question been thinking dont know if it would work w what about if I cut the bolt and bushing and just replace the bolt and bushing is that possible?

02ztsian

Alan I would make the trek to Pick N Pull for replacements. You might get lucky and find two you can remove easily enough.
Also contact me-I have a spare bolt I can give you (#19 in this diagram)...
[Image: FordFocusRearSuspension.jpg]
That is the one giving you grief.
(04-08-2012, 09:53 PM)02ztsian Wrote: [ -> ]Alan I would make the trek to Pick N Pull for replacements. You might get lucky and find two you can remove easily enough.
Dam bolt #19 gets a lot of us.
I had to cut the one on my drivers side the last time I did a spring swap.
I dont know if you cut them off or not, but i lowered my car without taking any bolt from the rear control arm off, i had a hoist though, if you dint care about the stock springs ( mine we broken ), just cut the springs ( heat them in different places to weaken them ), then use a huge pry bar or beam, have a guy pulling down on the bar to lower the control arm, then the other person just takes the old spring out, and puts the new one in. Took us about 5-10 mi utes for both sides

Remember to unbolt the shock first
(04-09-2012, 01:52 AM)JMCustoms Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know if you cut them off or not, but i lowered my car without taking any bolt from the rear control arm off, i had a hoist though, if you dint care about the stock springs ( mine we broken ), just cut the springs ( heat them in different places to weaken them ), then use a huge pry bar or beam, have a guy pulling down on the bar to lower the control arm, then the other person just takes the old spring out, and puts the new one in. Took us about 5-10 mi utes for both sides

Remember to unbolt the shock first
I have access to a hoist might give that a try Thanks for the info And just realised I cant spell Should be WHERE to buy Parts not WERE LOL!

(04-08-2012, 09:53 PM)02ztsian Wrote: [ -> ]Alan I would make the trek to Pick N Pull for replacements. You might get lucky and find two you can remove easily enough.
Thanks Ian I will let you know going to try what JMC said

Yea my 01 I couldn't get the lower control arm bolt out either... I unbolted the shock, then pry bar between rear brake and bottom of car then pry the brake down... Pop old spring out, slide new shorter spring in.

02ztsian

I used a length of 2x4 for added leverage once I couldn't get the seized bolt out.
Bought the replacement but never used it.
Would recommend the brute force treatment first-the stock springs are harder to remove since they are longer.

So got it booked for Wednesday see what happens got visions of losing fingers and teeth Big Grin See how it goes If it works ile post pics Thankyou to everyone for all the info
So springs are on PITA to do tried with a bar etc but not enough t get the springs out so I used a scissor jack Anyway all done now will post pics tomorrow, couldnt even take it for a run as I changed my rims over and its snowing again!
[attachment=539][attachment=540]Took the Focus for a run but seems like the back end is floating When you hit a bump the back seems to jump . Already replaced bushings Would the bushings on the sway bar cause that? Here are some pics with the springs on the 2nd one is when only the fronts were done. Just now to wait for warmer weather so I can paint and install my SVT bumpers