FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Feeler BBQ @ Glen Haffy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone,

I'm just trying to figure out if anyone would be interested in a BBQ Day at Glen Haffy Conservation Park

They have:
-Great views
-2 Trout Ponds
-Trials for Hiking

The Date
Sunday July 15

You will have two weeks to vote yes or no. I do not have all the details but I know there is a $10 entrance fee and I haven't figured out the fee for the BBQ and Hut rental. But I do know I would like to have more than 10 people confirmed.

http://www.thehillsofheadwaters.com/glen...elcome.php
Glen haffy Map
That's the weekend for my yearly bash. I know you guys are disappointed I can't make it.

Or are you guys disappointed that I didn't invite you for the last 3 years for free beer and food? If you know where I live, everyone is always invited and we usually have about 2-300 people. KeGGERRRR!!!!
Sorry, I'll be recovering from the Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper concert at Sarnia Bayfest. lol
Is the area low car friendly? No speed bumped, big pot holes, dirt roads with sunken tire tracks etc.. Lol I can get just about anywhere without speed bumps tho Smile
Meford's bash sounds good.
im in....with 2 foci
(04-10-2012, 01:47 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]Is the area low car friendly? No speed bumped, big pot holes, dirt roads with sunken tire tracks etc.. Lol I can get just about anywhere without speed bumps tho Smile

LOL, ya there are paved main roads and the park has a decent flat gravel road then we would pull into the grass section for the hut
(04-10-2012, 08:07 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2012, 01:47 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]Is the area low car friendly? No speed bumped, big pot holes, dirt roads with sunken tire tracks etc.. Lol I can get just about anywhere without speed bumps tho Smile

LOL, ya there are paved main roads and the park has a decent flat gravel road then we would pull into the grass section for the hut

I'm pretty sure the roads to Meford's place are all paved - we could move the location to there.
Ya thats fine with me. I have to problem. If Meford doesn't mind us attending then I think a proper thread should be post with the details.

Whatcha think Meford?
I live in a desert with a view of an Oasis. What I am trying to say is that the BBQ's with Focus Canada that I have attended at Anthony's in the past require his full attention. I can't give that attention on a day when I have over 200 people that come and are not all car guys/girls. You guys typically hold the event during the day, and that's when I am busiest getting everything ready for the party. So although it might sound like a good idea, I think you guys have a great idea heading off to a park and enjoying the day.

I think you guys will have a blast. Without me.
[Image: 38734.jpg]
Glen Haffy Park Website

Hey everyone,
So I have just contacted the company in charge of reserving parks. I am willing to pony up the site money. I can do the food and drinks as well but I would like some donations.

When I get the details of regulations and rules emailed back to me I will make a proper thread about this.

Only thing is we need more people to make it out to do this. It's not really worth it for 7 or 8 people. I am talking like min 20 people.

So continuing posting and please let me know if you can make it!!

Capacity
Description
Flat, open shelter and hydro; volleyball net, horseshoe pits
Playground
No
Parking
On-site, excellent
Shade
Yes
Washrooms
Yes, running water, wheelchair accessible
Privacy
Good
Water Tap
Yes
Site Fees (Sat- Sun & Holidays)
$155.00 plus applicable taxes

(04-23-2012, 07:41 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone,
So I have just contacted the company in charge of reserving parks. I am willing to pony up the site money. I can do the food and drinks as well but I would like some donations.

When I get the details of regulations and rules emailed back to me I will make a proper thread about this.

Only thing is we need more people to make it out to do this. It's not really worth it for 7 or 8 people. I am talking like min 20 people.

So continuing posting and please let me know if you can make it!!

I'm good for this John.

Perhaps we could do it this way: start collecting 10 bucks from everyone interested in going (my paypal, your paypal, whatever) - the target being 16 members.

Once we hit that target we go ahead and reserve the spot. If we get more than 16 then after the event we do a partial refund, or if everyone agrees we can buy some refreshments or something with the excess.

If we start right now and give it a couple of weeks, we should be able to get enough paid-up commitments to make this a go.

What does everyone think?
I like this idea.
Lets see how many others do that same.
(04-10-2012, 11:24 AM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]I live in a desert with a view of an Oasis. What I am trying to say is that the BBQ's with Focus Canada that I have attended at Anthony's in the past require his full attention. I can't give that attention on a day when I have over 200 people that come and are not all car guys/girls. You guys typically hold the event during the day, and that's when I am busiest getting everything ready for the party. So although it might sound like a good idea, I think you guys have a great idea heading off to a park and enjoying the day.

Yes we will. Having said that we could have our cake (at Glen Haffy) and eat it too (at Aberfoyle) - it's only an hours drive so we could make it to meford's soirée in time to liven up the last couple of hours of the party.
Hey guys, so the ridge view is gone but the forest view is good for us. Only thing is they want me to pay upon booking. So I figure I have a week or 2 but I need to know if we are going to have the attendance numbers to book this.
im in for this one....ill give u my donation at the next massive meet....
LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN FC.NET MEMBERS!!!!
im out thats the day of CSCS at mosport
Sounds like a great plan. We usually keep it going til 2am with free beer. Now how many guys wanna come to the BBQ? Hope this event works out for you guys and I will update those who want to swing by afterward with address and such. But enough about my gig and I will stop adding to the discussion about the BBQ, the main event.

(04-23-2012, 08:49 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2012, 11:24 AM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]I live in a desert with a view of an Oasis. What I am trying to say is that the BBQ's with Focus Canada that I have attended at Anthony's in the past require his full attention. I can't give that attention on a day when I have over 200 people that come and are not all car guys/girls. You guys typically hold the event during the day, and that's when I am busiest getting everything ready for the party. So although it might sound like a good idea, I think you guys have a great idea heading off to a park and enjoying the day.

Yes we will. Having said that we could have our cake (at Glen Haffy) and eat it too (at Aberfoyle) - it's only an hours drive so we could make it to meford's soirée in time to liven up the last couple of hours of the party.

Well I'm thinking this event is a flop. A couple good guys will show but thats not enough. Tell us more about your party because I'm sure more people would attend once you mentioned beer lol
Give it some time. It's still early in the game.

(04-26-2012, 10:54 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm thinking this event is a flop. A couple good guys will show but thats not enough. Tell us more about your party because I'm sure more people would attend once you mentioned beer lol

Pages: 1 2