FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How to - make a triple gauge pod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey guys made a triple gauge pod for a buddy over the weeked and took a bunch of pictures

i will upload the pictures and stuff shortly so stay tuned!!!
For the pillar or the dash?
pillar i did a dual for my dash and one for my door ill post pictures later

i will also make these for ppl for a price obviously
[Image: d6576654.jpg]
[Image: 58463bac.jpg]
[Image: 9e8dc50c.jpg]
[Image: 154a7186.jpg]
[Image: 1c862669.jpg]
[Image: 05c37087.jpg]
[Image: 5dc57016.jpg]
[Image: b5897725.jpg]
[Image: de5bf3e1.jpg]
[Image: 7493f25c.jpg]
[Image: b00066a2.jpg]
[Image: 7d141f2d.jpg]
[Image: eaa5e27e.jpg]
[Image: 77d49966.jpg]

NOTE THIS IS NOT COMPLETE still needs more sanding and final details

heres the ones i did for my car

[Image: e60a690f.jpg]
[Image: 4a633dd5.jpg]
That looks wicked!!! I might have to get you to make me one if I can ever get my fucking car running right lol
Ya man for sure I can do triple double single for the a piller. A single or double for the gauge surround
Nice work Sean, Spence was showing me a shot you sent him... definitely making progress.
Thanks man. It's almost there but more sanding and some final testing and fitting then time for paint
For the gauge surround and the door gauges I would require the surround and door piece. Or at an additional cost I can tru to hit up the local scrap yard and make one. As for the a pillar I have a mock up. But you guys are responsible for hacking your stock a piller to run the wiring etc.
Can you send me a price for a single pillar and dual dash please or if same price maybe a dual for both, you can hit me up on facebook if you want
Pmmd my friend. Will get a price list worked our shortly
i will have a more structured price point once i figure out what i want to charge
dont they sell these pods? That's a lot of work!!
they do see the pillar pods but not the other ones...and i dont mind the work i love doing it
and anyone can buy a generic made one but not everyone can say they have a made to order product thats hand madeWink
Awesome work Sean!!...Any ideas for a 99 Legacy B4 RSK (JAPMOD)??
I would most likely get a dash pod, price depending Smile
make one Smile If your in the GTA I have a few cluster bezels if you want a spare one to play with.

I've made a few in my day, funny enough tho. In my new car I did end up rocking the store bought 3 pod pillar mount, just because well they made them and for under 40 bucks from the store it wasn't worth the time to make one (to me anyway).

There is also this option:
[Image: Picture-2005-Mar-18011_zps38ade68c.jpg]
[Image: redcf_surround5_zps19def155.jpg]

or dual cluster:
[Image: dualpod_zps15bd7c2d.jpg]
I like that second one haha, it seems more convenient for driving, instead of looking down and around the steering wheel Lol IMO anyway
Ya the dual cluster is pretty easy to make. I used central vacuum tube. It's thinner walled. PVC pipe is to thick for that one. All my other piece were done with black PVC pipe
Don't think i'll any pods down here in the Bahamas but i'll definitely take a crack at making one. Very creative to say the least. Whats the hardest task to make a customized pod? I like the idea of gauges around the original cluster but i don't think it's possible with my setup.

(01-29-2013, 02:57 PM)jtdanks Wrote: [ -> ]I would most likely get a dash pod, price depending Smile
Put one in each bottom inner corner of gauge surround
I'll do that!!...Question has anyone in the group ever traveled to the Bahamas?
Pages: 1 2