FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Parking Assist Commercial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you haven't watched the commercial, you should. However in the interest of full disclosure, Ford did cheat a little.

[Image: 343n6gi.jpg]

Funny commercial, but as photos show, the Focus was given more space. Sneaky, but still funny. (Click on photo to view ad.)
looks to me, focus is longer and wider, not really "cheated"
Nope, beg to differ. Look closely at the screen dump photos. The front blue car is about 30 cm further along the street (compare locations to walk posts and white street lines.) The grey rear car is in approximately the same position. It is much easier to see in the screen dumps than in the video.

02ztsian

You mean there is no truth in advertising? WTF!
I like!!!
That was some funny stuff! lol It does look like the blue car was moved up at least a foot for the Focus. Believe it or not, the system works very well and can park itself in some tight spots... all while leaving just a few inches between the curb and sidewalk! With that said i'd assume it very well could park itself in either spots.
haha thats hilarious
......technology makes people lazier and lazier
(04-23-2012, 09:40 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]......technology makes people lazier and lazier

nothing wrong with that Nik - I personally don't need it and probably wouldn't use it if I had it ... but the people who do need it are a menace to the rest of us.

maybe it's just that I've been around too long - but I hate it when someone backs up traffic on a narrow street trying half a dozen times to parallel park into a tight spot more often than not to finally give up and move up the street to try again.

Those people should be required to check off park assist on the options list.