FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rim Wheel Repair Shop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I'm looking to get a Wheel of mine repaired.

If your in Hamilton what's usually cheaper?
Wizard Wheels
or Wheel Worx

(only two places I know that do it) I've been by Wizard Wheels before in the past
but they gave me a quote that ended up being way cheaper by me just replacing the wheel.

hell I'll go out of the city if the place is cheap enough.

My Rim has two bents on it.
It's not really a replaceable wheel, the style is replaceable but the wheel isn't made in 13" anymore.
Focus-SE,May 1 2010, 06: Wrote:Hey I'm looking to get a Wheel of mine repaired.

If your in Hamilton what's usually cheaper?
Wizard Wheels
or Wheel Worx

(only two places I know that do it) I've been by Wizard Wheels before in the past
but they gave me a quote that ended up being way cheaper by me just replacing the wheel.

hell I'll go out of the city if the place is cheap enough.

My Rim has two bents on it.
It's not really a replaceable wheel, the style is replaceable but the wheel isn't made in 13" anymore.
[right][snapback]306172[/snapback][/right]

you can also try carcone, in newmarket. Not sure how much the price is. you have to bring them the rim and they will look and price it. But if its a 13" then i bet the cost will be lot more then replacing the wheel itself.

Are you sure there is no way you can find a replacement for the rim?
Wheel Wizards.

Likely the best choice, especially in Hamilton...
our shop deals with rim/wheel worx in hamilton for example

last week we send a mercedez AMG rim with a HUGE flat spot on the rim sent it to them an hour later it was back in PERFECT condition as if brand new....exceptional quality and very fast service

also went to them to get a quote on one of my rims to get a bad curb rash buffed out they quoted me $80....just havent had time to take the wheel off to get it done
drunkinmonkey,May 1 2010, 03:56 PM Wrote:our shop deals with rim/wheel worx  in hamilton for example

last week we send a  mercedez AMG rim with a HUGE flat spot on the rim  sent it to them  an hour later it was back in PERFECT condition as if brand new....exceptional quality and very fast service

also went to them to get a quote on one of my rims to get a bad curb rash buffed out they quoted me $80....just havent had time to take the wheel off to get it done
[right][snapback]306189[/snapback][/right]

sounds nice, When i talked to the guy a wheel wizards about my other rim last year, dude was kind of vague and seemed like he was asking a lot for a tiny 1" bent spot.
I should check rim worx out then.
newmarkets way too far to even consider, this rims from like japan and they dont even make knockoffs in this size, so yeah the rim is either too expensive or virtually irreplaceable in Ontario.
Focus-SE,May 2 2010, 12: Wrote:newmarkets way too far to even consider, this rims from like japan and they dont even make knockoffs in this size, so yeah the rim is either too expensive or virtually irreplaceable in Ontario.
[right][snapback]306206[/snapback][/right]
for an irreplaceable rim, a 2hr drive isn't that far lol.
Focus-SE,

Are we talking steel or alloy?

You could try my buddies at Caledonia Tire.
Mike (Sr.) has always treated me well.
They are (905) 765 3242.

Good luck.
2009SEL
(05-02-2010, 11:11 PM)2009SEL Wrote: [ -> ]Focus-SE,

Are we talking steel or alloy?

You could try my buddies at Caledonia Tire.
Mike (Sr.) has always treated me well.
They are (905) 765 3242.

Good luck.
2009SEL

This is an alloy rim. Are those guys located in Caledonia on Argyle St?

Not really worth the drive to newmarket If I'm trying to save some cash on repairs especially when there's rim repair shops in this city. Unless it was dirt cheaper than what the guys here ask to repair, not really worth the drive.
I had my wheels repaired at union rim repair in Toronto. They did a real clean job and a good price.
I went to Wheel Worx (they are actually an 8 minute drive away from Wheel Wizards) guy told me 80 bucks to fix the rim, got it next day fixed all nicely.