FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus ST price
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay Gentlemen,
As noted in Ford News, the ST has a basic price of $25,000.00 (or so USD). Loaded it's about $30,000.00. That's a good price in my opinion.
(05-02-2012, 01:16 AM)oldeguy Wrote: [ -> ]Okay Gentlemen,
As noted in Ford News, the ST has a basic price of $25,000.00 (or so USD). Loaded it's about $30,000.00. That's a good price in my opinion.

If a dollar really is worth a dollar in this country it should be about the same in CAD - notwithstanding any equipment differences - in which case that is a fantastic price.
i think this is a great price for this car, i was thinking it would be starting around 30k like the Golf GTI. Now since our dollar is pretty much always at par with the US dollar make it price the same as the US!!! The 2 door GTI starts at 29k in Canada and in the US the 2 door GTI is $24k for the same car
if you want a CAD price, price out both a MS3 and a GTI, both base model and the ST is right bang in the middle. We are looking around 29,500$ here, plus about 1300$ in destination if i had to guess.

Unfortunately we dont get any advantage to buying cars at the dollar value as you may know unless we go down south and import.

I am awaiting response from my dealership on ordering today actually because order banks are open!
One thing to remember is that you can't compare it to the previous Focus models. They aren't the same animal anymore.......
Amazing news! The dream is still alive. Anyone know yet when it is scheduled to be released? Last i heard was Fall.
Would much rather spend $30,000 on a big horse power supra or an e46 m3. When they tested the new st on top gear jc said its not the same as the old st. But its hard to say for myself without driving it , but I will hope for the best and that its not watered down.
It's better than any focus version we've gotten here... I'm not complaining one bit!!! Might just have to jump on one of these in the next year...
Your not kidding.
I have been waiting for awhile for this to come out so i can finally replace my SVTF.

Here is my Testdrive list:
- 2013 Genesis coupe 2.0T Rspec
- WRX non hatch, non STI (little out my price range)
- BRZ/FRS
- Mustang v6
- Focus ST

The kicker is i would like something to drive all year round.. so the Genesis, BRZ/FRs, Mustang may be alittle tough (RWD) as i am also going to price out Winter rim and tire combo's.

Another kicker is i would really like to stay around the 30k mark so the Subie needs to be a smoking deal or purchased south of the border.

Many times ive thought about buying used.. say a E46 M3 or a 03/04 Cobra but i like the idea of warranty and new.

Also possible i keep my SVTF if it is not worth it to sell and make it a winter touring/beater.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what else i should drive or do?
(05-02-2012, 11:30 PM)02_svt_guy Wrote: [ -> ]I have been waiting for awhile for this to come out so i can finally replace my SVTF.

Here is my Testdrive list:
- 2013 Genesis coupe 2.0T Rspec
- WRX non hatch, non STI (little out my price range)
- BRZ/FRS
- Mustang v6
- Focus ST

The kicker is i would like something to drive all year round.. so the Genesis, BRZ/FRs, Mustang may be alittle tough (RWD) as i am also going to price out Winter rim and tire combo's.

Another kicker is i would really like to stay around the 30k mark so the Subie needs to be a smoking deal or purchased south of the border.

Many times ive thought about buying used.. say a E46 M3 or a 03/04 Cobra but i like the idea of warranty and new.

Also possible i keep my SVTF if it is not worth it to sell and make it a winter touring/beater.

Buy an ST, restore the SVT and keep as a summer occasional drive.
(05-02-2012, 11:30 PM)02_svt_guy Wrote: [ -> ]- BRZ/FRS

BRZ starts at $ 27 295

http://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?WebPag...SiteID=282

The FRS starts at $25 990

http://www.scionfrs.ca/index_en.html

If I were you, i'd keep the SVT for winter/dd duties and pick myself up a nice light, rwd toy.

any links to share? i dont see anything on the ford.ca website.
I had a 240sx back in the day with the 2.0l turbo in it... loved that car, the Genesis coupe would be a pretty close car to that, im sure you wouldnt be unhappy with that car

any links to share? i dont see anything on the ford.ca website.

[/quote]

http://autoblog.ca/reader/news/2013-ford...books-open

this is what i found so far. Prices may be USD so maybe alittle higher for CAD.

(05-03-2012, 04:22 AM)_JET_ Wrote: [ -> ]I had a 240sx back in the day with the 2.0l turbo in it... loved that car, the Genesis coupe would be a pretty close car to that, im sure you wouldnt be unhappy with that car

Ya i really need to get into something RWD as i have buddies that track higher hp cars regularily in the summer and i am itching to get out there with them. Unfortunetly my SVT does not cut it compared to a Z06, and a 2002 camaro ss.

But thats a totally different topic. Ive had thought's of buying a track rat and using it + enter it in the Targa New Foundland.
Look at the new fusion.. Now that's sweet.
If the release of the Focus ST drops the market on older SVT's, I'm happy.
Hope I don't offend anyone here, but to me the asking prices tend to be a little on the high side, especially one's with high mileages.
(05-02-2012, 02:09 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]I am awaiting response from my dealership on ordering today actually because order banks are open!
Dibs on the FS turbo kit when you part your car out Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(05-03-2012, 08:47 AM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]Look at the new fusion.. Now that's sweet.

The entire Ford car line up, is sweet, hell even the Edge and Flex are sweet in my opinion. I'm just trying to inform the FC.net crowd that the Focus we've all been wanting actually has a price that isn't out of line with comprable cars, so the FC.net guys can buy a Ford instead of a Toyota or it's evil twin Subaru or a German GTi or is it a rabbit or a golf thses days? Trying to increase your profit sharing bonus, too, if you get one.
(05-03-2012, 06:25 AM)02_svt_guy Wrote: [ -> ]Ya i really need to get into something RWD as i have buddies that track higher hp cars regularily in the summer and i am itching to get out there with them. Unfortunetly my SVT does not cut it compared to a Z06, and a 2002 camaro ss.

Get better at driving. You don't know how many times I've seen much lower horsepower cars own guys in that Z06 or whatever higher horsepower car is out there. If your a shitty driver, getting a higher horsepower car will make you even shittier.

(05-04-2012, 04:00 AM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2012, 06:25 AM)02_svt_guy Wrote: [ -> ]Ya i really need to get into something RWD as i have buddies that track higher hp cars regularily in the summer and i am itching to get out there with them. Unfortunetly my SVT does not cut it compared to a Z06, and a 2002 camaro ss.

Get better at driving. You don't know how many times I've seen much lower horsepower cars own guys in that Z06 or whatever higher horsepower car is out there. If your a shitty driver, getting a higher horsepower car will make you even shittier.

Have you every seen me drive?

We have been lapping for the last 4 years. Some events included training from professionals. I would love to say my car/myself could keep up with those cars but realistically at Calabogie, Mosport, Tremblant... To much power and to much track for my car. I can keep up with them somewhat at Shannonville... they pull on me hard on the back straight though.

My SVT is fast and fun for its class but the people i track with are playing with Porsches.

Pages: 1 2 3