FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: st170 headlight help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i found the good wiring sites on the web but when i hooked the lights up i had to switch the green wires around because the high beams were coming on..so after i switched them around the lows came on..so i hooked up the turn sigs with no day time run and put the four ways on and it worked fine bt then i seen the side markers were glowing red and the four ways would not work any more.. i un hooked them and put back the stock lights and they work fine so that is the deal guys ps i only hooked up the passenger side headlight and thanks guys
From the sounds of it you might need to have both installed at the same time so the electrical load is equal on each side.

I this the same as how you wired it?
[Image: wiring-st170diagram-600.jpg]
yes that is how i did it but with out the parking light.. but when it turned on the small light closest to the grill turned so i just swapped them around and that seemed to be good.... but i will try both at the same time. and i also didnt switch the two fuses in the block out to 15amps
The fuses are only if you are running the Hella HIDs, as far as I know

I've hooked up both the HIDs and a set of InPro's following the same diagram with no issues

If all else fails leave one side stock and the other side ST170 to see if the lights are doing what they are supposed to....?

ok and thanks it must be something i did
ok i just read that i might have to hook the turn signal ground to the headlight harness ground so the flasher doesnt go into super flash mode....could this be the prob because a ground is to the car at the end of the day is it not