FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Or Mondeo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So should i rent the Focus or Mondeo for the wife in Qatar? I have to becareful of gas as well. Its at 20 cents a litre :D

[Image: 2008-Ford-Focus-European-Version.jpg]

[Image: ford-mondeo-2008-3.jpg]

Focus is 3800 a month and Mondeo is 4200 a month. So not much difference. BTW this is QAR money so its around 1200 focus and 1500 mondeo.
Oh yes, do it!

And let's see some burnouts!
ANTHONYD,Feb 10 2009, 04:22 PM Wrote:Oh yes, do it!

And let's see some burnouts!
[right][snapback]280850[/snapback][/right]

mmm you are not helping!

Focus or Mondeo was the question.

reminds me of resturants when they ask you"soup or salad" and ppl always say "yes" :)
since the mondeo is a 3 series competitor, I'd say, go for the mondeo. There's a chance the focus will come over.. .less likely the mondeo.
Sorry Mondeo.

I meant to say that!

a.
How comparable are the gas mileage numbers? Will you be doing a lot of driving? Are they paying for your mileage?

Asking all this because while the Mondeo lookas like a ton more fun, if it costs you a ton more cash to run the thing, I would say stick with the Focus, but that's just me.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 10 2009, 04:57 PM Wrote:How comparable are the gas mileage numbers? Will you be doing a lot of driving?  Are they paying for your mileage?

Asking all this because while the Mondeo lookas like a ton more fun, if it costs you a ton more cash to run the thing, I would say stick with the Focus, but that's just me.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]280856[/snapback][/right]

gas is 20 cents a litre. I'm more concered with how much water the car uses rather then gas :) Water is more expensive then gas. Most ppl drive big ass SUV's so that is one thing i have to be careful about. I was told small cars get pushed out of roads because they are too small. I dont want to get an SUV bc it cost lot more for rental, twice as much. So i'm thinking Modeo would be the better choice as well. plus i dont think focus's 1.6L engine can keep the temperatures cool in the car. Specially in the summer when it gets about 40C.
Tuff choice I personally would like to drive the focus but for a few extra bucks the Mondeo might be worth it. Can you bring up a few barrels of gas for teh rest of us.
Let's start Mo's Cheap Cheap Gas Sales ™. I'll take 4000L of gas, please. :D
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 10 2009, 05:36 PM Wrote:Let's start Mo's Cheap Cheap Gas Sales ™. I'll take 4000L of gas, please. :D
[right][snapback]280863[/snapback][/right]

yeah i wish :(
You could probably fit more wives in the trunk of the Mondeo than the Focus. I say Mondeo just in case. LOL
well one question you should ask mo is, what versions / engines are used in the rentals they offer? and what your needs will be, as there are 3 verson of Mondeos, and 5 versions of the Focus, as well as if they offer an automatic.

and the most common focus sold in europe comes with a 1.6L engine or the 1.6L Diesel.
mo_focus,Feb 10 2009, 12:10 PM Wrote:...So i'm thinking Modeo would be the better choice as well. plus i dont think focus's 1.6L engine can keep the temperatures cool in the car. Specially in the summer when it gets about 40C.
I was thinking exactly the same thing, you're gonna want the extra ponies for the A/C alone.