FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Airbags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering, yesterday morning and now this morning when the wife starts up her car the airbag light comes on, and stays on.
Although at the end of the day to come home, it does not come on.

Not sure if it's possibly a faulty connection or if I should go ahead and have it checked out.
Don't mess around with airbags if the light is on and you get into an accident they won't deploy, Get it checked out.
Got it checked, apparently both mechanisms are shot, there fore more then likely will not deploy.
On the other hand, no way do I have $1,277.88 to pay to have both the mechanisms and the bag itself replaced, even though I was told that the airbag itself is fine.

So for now driving without it, gees my grandfather drove without one in his cars when he was younger, won't hurt for a short time and obviously if the day comes to sell it, we'll definitely get it replaced - no way would I even think of selling a car with any of those not working properly.

Also received a second quote, only fifty bucks off of the first one, maybe one day I will try for a third quote Smile