FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: TPS / TC - are they connected?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday my idle started going wonky - racing up to 2 or 3k - then normal for a while then wonky again.

Finally today I got a CEL and sure enough it's p0122 and p1120 - both related to the throttle position sensor - makes sense.

I do the wiggle test and visually look at the harness and it doesn't seem to be the wiring, so I figure it's the TPS alright.

Now here's the weird part - whenever the check engine light comes on so does the light for the traction control - are these two systems in any way related?
Weird ken, when I was putting my car back to stock today, I got a check engine light for my TPS sensor current weak or short, and my ABS light and parking brake light were flashing on and off when I had the code... Check the TPS sensor and I had forgot to plug it back in, plugged it in cleared cel and viola... No more blindly blinky abs and parking brake
(06-03-2012, 05:11 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Weird ken, when I was putting my car back to stock today, I got a check engine light for my TPS sensor current weak or short, and my ABS light and parking brake light were flashing on and off when I had the code... Check the TPS sensor and I had forgot to plug it back in, plugged it in cleared cel and viola... No more blindly blinky abs and parking brake

Good to know Korby, thanks. I was worried I was looking at two distinct problems - it just seemed one hell of a coincidence that both lights would come on at the same time - I guess the ECU disables traction control when there's a TPS problem.
by looking at the wiring diagram i have, tps is related to abs, fuel tank and cooling.
(06-03-2012, 05:41 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]by looking at the wiring diagram i have, tps is related to abs, fuel tank and cooling.

Thanks Leo - much appreciated.
Yea my mech. Figured a sensor is starting to go maybe
If you need a TPS I have a brand new one. (off the intake I bought from you), Had to use the 00-02 tps due to plug in not fitting.
(06-04-2012, 01:45 AM)stupica1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you need a TPS I have a brand new one. (off the intake I bought from you), Had to use the 00-02 tps due to plug in not fitting.

LOL - thanks that helps - how much and where tomorrow can I pick it up?
hmm, i'll be im hamilton until 430 tomorrow. So we can meet anywhere between hamilton to wherever you are haha. and you can just have it. its not doing me any good. just sitting there.
(06-04-2012, 09:10 AM)stupica1 Wrote: [ -> ]hmm, i'll be im hamilton until 430 tomorrow. So we can meet anywhere between hamilton to wherever you are haha. and you can just have it. its not doing me any good. just sitting there.

thanks Brandon, pm sent