FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys i did all my brakes and rotors on my car yesturday i pumped my breaks and all it was fine but my car wont roll back everytimg i push the gas i feel my back rear right side of the break still catching on the rotor the car pushes down on the the right side

2nd help everytime i reverse my car out of my drive way i here a clunck sound it does sound loud
(06-03-2012, 04:06 AM)07focus_st Wrote: [ -> ]hey guys i did all my brakes and rotors on my car yesturday i pumped my breaks and all it was fine but my car wont roll back everytimg i push the gas i feel my back rear right side of the break still catching on the rotor the car pushes down on the the right side

2nd help everytime i reverse my car out of my drive way i here a clunck sound it does sound loud

Probably something to do with the parking brake - a seized cable maybe. Other than that it could be a seized or damaged caliper.

Take the wheel off and see if you can work the parking brake cable back and forth - it's stiff but you should be able to make it move.

If it moves no problem, then you'll have to re-do the rear caliper again on the side that's sticking (pushing and turning in the piston) and make sure that the piston is really all the way in. Did you have any trouble fitting that caliper over the new pads?

Avoid putting on the parking brake and see if that clears things up - then try to put on and release the parking brake and see if that changes anything.
I think this is what happened this what someone thread said you need a tool to do this properly, its like a mini threaded press that forces piston back as it winds.if you try using molegrips or similar you usually end up damaging the piston seal and then after a while it will start to stick,
I have a svt caliper (exact same as ST caliper) in my basement if u need one
have you checked sliding pins??