FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: SOLD: FS: 2000 ZX3, fully modded, ready to go. $1500.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought about this post for WEEKS. Literally. Oscar can attest to my hesitation to make this post.

Subsonic is SO close to done, but I've run out of patience / extra cash to get it right. The body, really. It needs a bit of TLC to get the body redone right, and then a respray. I just don't have the time / tools / skills to do it cheaply myself, and I don't want it sitting around for weeks at a time waiting for it to be someone else's project.

Parts list: what you see in my sig. Everything is still installed. The car runs, drives, works fine. The e-brake cable needs to be adjusted, but that's it. I bought the car with 318,000KMs. It has just over 340,000 KMs now.

Fact: the car gets 8L or better on the highway at 120KM/H or higher. It burns NO OIL. The only leak is a power steering line leak that I haven't had time to trace, and that's minimal. I just keep topping up the reservoir every few weeks. The car even comes with my XCAL2 as it's on its last unlock for the device. It's fully re-tunable with that device if you load more tunes on with the SCT LiveLoad software. It even comes with the USB device cable needed to LiveLink (log) the engine.

You can take this car, do whatever else you want with the engine and drivetrain, and have a solid autocross / track / daily driver for dirt cheap. Why so cheap? Because at that price I won't recoup the extra 2500 at least invested, nor do I expect to. In my time-honoured fashion here at FC, I'm selling at cut-rate pricing to the members because I can. It's that simple. The asking price is $1500. Offers will be entertained. I have a "low" threshold in my mind. We'll see if anyone is foolish enough to go under it.

Contact me via PM, and we can toss around phone numbers and email addresses as well that way. I'll post up some pics, but for those of you who have me on FB - there's a whack there. Pics can also be sent out via email on request.

Ask away if you have questions. I'm an open book. The car will NOT be parted at this time. If a few of you want to band together to buy it to part it, that's fine. Come up with the cash, the car gets delivered, and then you can do as you will with it.

Adam
I don't see a price lol??
Auto or 5 speed??
Must be free
Doh, I'll correct the original posting. *facepalm* We'll start this at $1500.
(06-13-2012, 08:19 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a price lol??
Auto or 5 speed??

Whoops, figured that was assumed given the short shifter and clutch - it's a 5-speed.
(06-13-2012, 05:42 PM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]Must be free

You should buy this and let the boy have another toy. It would easily run the FS Zetec turbo kit @ 8 PSI till you either grabbed a new engine and/or Eagle rods and pistons and turned up the boost.
He and I have moved on to other projects.
BUMPing because apparently there aren't any guys that want decent toys for a first-gen? Early 2000MY intake mani? Ported stock TB? Long-tube 4-2-1 header and race cat? Spec 6-puck clutch with about 5000KMs on it?

Make no mistake, the limiting factor on this car currently is the tires (for performance). It still pulls hard, has lots of torque, doesn't need to downshift to pass on the highway at 90-100KM/H, and is still decent on fuel around town considering the mods.

Truthfully, if it doesn't sell in the next month or two, it's going to go to my buddy's shop and we'll iron out the last few things. Then, it's going to another buddy for body work. I've just completely backburnered it and was looking for the chance for someone to get into a cheap, first-gen project car.
Dude just hold onto it.....
That's my opinion.... Smile
The cost of the mods alone is worth holding onto it
Build a motor and turbo it, slowly
It's a possibility. Like I said, if it doesn't sell by August it'll get put somewhere where I can hopefully work on it some. Or, I'll pull the performance goodies and find a lower-km car.

Thanks Gordo. Smile
it's leaving this Sunday. Got a trade deal that I couldn't pass up. On the other hand, this frees me to possibly come back and buy a 2012 (either Fiesta or Focus) down the road. I've always said I'd only ever own one at a time, simply because I want to enjoy each car as much as possible. She's off to a good home now.