FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Replacing a shift boot.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
About a year ago there started a little tear on the front of my shift boot. ('06 ZX5 SES 5 speed) I noticed that Canadian Tire sells a 'universal' boot. Has anyone ever replaced one? I would also like to replace the shift knob as well. I assume it just screws off? I gave it a little twist but didn't want to force the issue.

Any advice would be appreciated. Apologies if this has been brought up in another thread but I did a search and didn't find anything.
(06-15-2012, 02:46 PM)David A Scott Wrote: [ -> ]About a year ago there started a little tear on the front of my shift boot. ('06 ZX5 SES 5 speed) I noticed that Canadian Tire sells a 'universal' boot. Has anyone ever replaced one? I would also like to replace the shift knob as well. I assume it just screws off? I gave it a little twist but didn't want to force the issue.

Any advice would be appreciated. Apologies if this has been brought up in another thread but I did a search and didn't find anything.

A Ford OE replacement boot purchased in the US is pretty cheap (something in the order of 20 bucks + tax landed) and you might even find a nice leather replacement for sale somewhere (we had a group buy on here a couple of years ago - one of our members made them - very nice) - maybe post up in Want To Buy forum.