FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Love 4 Cylinders!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so this thread is to just say how awesome the focus is for fuel economy.

i drove for 2100 kms on 140 litres of fuel, now that is awesome LOL 6.8l/100km for the drive down including traffic in major cities like atlanta.
Wait till you get the reality check of boost.... :rolleyes:

And the purpose of the trip was?????
well i am in florida currently soaking up the sun while you fools are getting rain, snow and random weather! LOL

that was the purpose of the trip and will be doing that amount of Km's on the way back, should be able to get a little better mileage then as weather will be on my side without driving through a hurricane and 3 inches of water through half of georgia.

needless to say, i made it in 24 hours including 2 hours of sleep, 1 hour for breakfast, 1 hour of harrasment at the border/searching the car and one hell of a storm.
GFXjamie,Mar 14 2010, 09:31 PM Wrote:1 hour of harrasment at the border/searching the car
[right][snapback]303333[/snapback][/right]

That's what I hate about crossing the border . Always some BS . Don't they know yet that the bad guys don't get in through there ?
Oh , on your way back through the ATL , please say what's up to my brothers but moslty fine ass "sistas" for me please , ok ? :D
hahaha well i stop in dalton, north of atlanta for dinner on the way back so ill see how many i can find.

as for the border, my gf is with me and is 16, she has a note from her mom and according to another border guard you only need to be 16 to cross unaccompanied. well they give me hassle as the stand, send me over to the canopy where im questioned on bombs, weapons, drugs and all my luggage. get told to leave cell phones on dash and keys, to take my id and money and go into office. then get questioned on where im going, how long me and my gf have been together for, how we met etc etc.... im surprised they didnt ask our favourite position FFS. waited along with about 45 other canadians for a while, then see a guy wearing a crosby shirt, then we all laugh about that commercial where they ripped the guys car apart and said hes screwed... the gaurds didnt look to impressed with us, then i hear my cars all clear, they then pretend to call her mom and say go on your way. WTF??? they didnt even call her mom! it was a sad excuse to search my car. dumbasses didnt find my native smokes tho, 2 packs in the glove box and a carton in the trunk "hiding". suckers
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 14 2010, 07:45 PM Wrote:Wait till you get the reality check of boost.... :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]303325[/snapback][/right]
I got better gas mileage with boost.
Flofocus,Mar 15 2010, 02:25 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 14 2010, 07:45 PM Wrote:Wait till you get the reality check of boost.... :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]303352[/snapback][/right]

With the temptation of boost, I find it hard.... :rolleyes:
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 15 2010, 01:54 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Mar 15 2010, 02:25 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]303352[/snapback][/right]

With the temptation of boost, I find it hard.... :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]303356[/snapback][/right]

X2
it just does not happen :lol:
ya aslong as you stay outta boost gas milage is great on turbo cars, buddys srt gets 400+ to a tank on average which is decent for a 2.4l and a neon lol
Out of curiosity Jamie, how old are you?
You don't need to have boost to abuse to feel the gas pains ;)

If I abuse the loud pedal too much, the car abuses me at the pumps (But people have called me a masochist for years, so it's all good :D)

NefCanuck
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 15 2010, 06:38 PM Wrote:Out of curiosity Jamie, how old are you?
[right][snapback]303373[/snapback][/right]

turned 20 a months back.
GFXjamie,Mar 15 2010, 12:34 PM Wrote:hahaha well i stop in dalton, north of atlanta for dinner on the way back so ill see how many i can find.

as for the border, my gf is with me and is 16, she has a note from her mom and according to another border guard you only need to be 16 to cross unaccompanied. well they give me hassle as the stand, send me over to the canopy where im questioned on bombs, weapons, drugs and all my luggage. get told to leave cell phones on dash and keys, to take my id and money and go into office. then get questioned on where im going, how long me and my gf have been together for, how we met etc etc.... im surprised they didnt ask our favourite position FFS. waited along with about 45 other canadians for a while, then see a guy wearing a crosby shirt, then we all laugh about that commercial where they ripped the guys car apart and said hes screwed... the gaurds didnt look to impressed with us, then i hear my cars all clear, they then pretend to call her mom and say go on your way. WTF??? they didnt even call her mom! it was a sad excuse to search my car. dumbasses didnt find my native smokes tho, 2 packs in the glove box and a carton in the trunk "hiding". suckers
[right][snapback]303347[/snapback][/right]
Yes , I hear you . I don't know what's really behind closed doors with this National Security thing but I feel sometimes that customs guys are trained to be assholes . And it's not just the Americans , two canadian bitches ripped my bag apart to search it , they weren't trained to open up the zipper , they asked me to "step away from the car " so they can search it .These women were definetly fighting crime . :blink: . Hey , f*** them , important is that you guys have a good time !
Oh , do me a favor and stop at a Waffle House , if not for the greasy food , but for the way they great you . Very nice people those southerners . IMO
theres a lot of nice people, but you also encounter a lot of people atleast on the road who are absolute asshats. o well. i usually go to ihop for breakfast if i go out, waffle house is too greasy lol bad enough im on holiday eating at buffets n such. no need lol altho they do make a killer waff;e.

i love florida tho.
GFXjamie,Mar 16 2010, 07:09 AM Wrote:theres a lot of nice people, but you also encounter a lot of people atleast on the road who are absolute asshats. o well. i usually go to ihop for breakfast if i go out, waffle house is too greasy lol bad enough im on holiday eating at buffets n such. no need lol altho they do make a killer waff;e.

i love florida tho.
[right][snapback]303393[/snapback][/right]

i might be joining you this weekend B)

congrats on the mpg. i averaged 10l/100km driving to michigan and back... but then again I let it rip the whole way.