FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Power Steering Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
a couple days ago a friend of mine's power steering has started giving him problems. its a 2007 zx4 with about 50k on it. virtually bone stock. was putting an intake in for him yesterday and checked everything out, power steering fluid is full but it smells "burnt" :blink: and im no mechanic, but my guess is, his ps pump/motor w/e is shot. first question, is this common? i know i have seen a thread or two about it leaking etc but not like this. he pretty well has no PS right now. he will be bringing it to the local dealer tomorrow but im curious if this is a common problem especially with only 50k on it and mostly highway at that. second question, any ideas to why this sort of thing would of happened?
It's under 60,000KM. Get it in there and get them to replace or fix it and anything else he can think of that he wants replaced provided that he got it from that dealer. after 60,000KM it's all on your own. Just my experiences with dealers.
he brought the car in monday morning and got it looked at here at the stealership. also got them to replace his clutch spring as it wenta couple months ago when mine went. i think there is a overhead console on order aswell as the tab to lock it up in place broke off one day, so hes good to go and picking it up today and returning his rental mazda 3 after 2 days of rental car fun, autotragic and some VVT haha