FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: anyone remember this thread ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
svt dean wins all the shows!!!!
hahaha what a good laugh anyone even have pics of this car??

wrong thread FAIL please move to off topic
SVT Douchebag??? meh....
Lmao so funny tho
anthony post up the hooker svtdean photo...c'mon I know you have it!
Hahjahah. I gotta see this thing
That's a classic thread right there.
When I had my ZX3, I had the folks in the Renfrew county scene tell me I should have come out to rep the Foci's in the area, as there was lots of GM and Mopar compacts representing North American car clubs. I had several people tell me that mine was the nicest one in Petawawa, and instead of making it look like something from the F&F movies, I made it into a sleeper Euro car that could keep up with Subies and other imports on the twisty roads out in the valley.

That old thread though was quite funny, and I actually didn't mind Dean when it was the OFOC people that would meet up for different events...he was one of the people looking for new and unique ways to support the Focus fanbase. Perhaps his moments in the spotlight went to his head over time...
SHEEEEIT. I WISH I still had that shot.
Remember it??? The car was there with these two bags of smashed assholes draped all over the hood.

That picture was EPIC.

remember his dashboard!?!?!?!? wow!
Remember the dashboard!?!?

WOW!!!!!
His incredible write up.

2002 Ford Focus SVT Saleen

Production #: 2685
Saleen kit S/N#: 0061

Owned by: Dean W. Ellis

First off, this will be the only Focus you will see like this in Canada.

The car was bought in January of 2003 and has never been the same since.

The 1st transformation was the install of a Saleen body kit, with a serial number 0061. After the paint and install of the Saleen kit, it needs some shoes to fill the wheel well gap. So a set of 19 inch Team Dynamic �K2� with BFG �KDW G-Force 215-35 R19 were shoe horned on. With the SVT�s over sized 12� 2 piston slotted discs upfront and 10.5� single piston slotted discs out back fill the void in the middle of the 19� K2�s. To help with the stance and to get the rubber tucked in to the wheel wells, a set of Eibach sport lines, witch gives the Focus the look it deserved. Now it was time for some UK goodies. FedEx collected quite a few air miles. A set of UK Focus �RS� headlights now help me to see at night. I sent FedEx back to the UK to pick the �RS� chrome grill to finish off the UKDM look. With the chrome RS grill up front I needed some chrome out back to match. So I added a chrome hatch strip. (The bling factor has now gone up) To add the finishing touch�s on the out side, Noize Boyz added a little flair of their own, by installing custom a dual center stainless steal exhaust. To add to the bling factor the factory paint was wet sanded and a 5 stage polish job made it shine like a pair of chrome 24�s. All thanks to the best auto detailer in Canada, Todd H. Wirtz owner of The AUTO SPA. The Auto Spa all ways makes sure that the car is looking as sexxy as a collage cheerleader on prom night. (Show quality)

With 170 horse�s from factory may be sufficient for stock, it didn�t match up with the out side. Since I had all the show now it�s time for the go. It was hard to find a starting point on this car. I needed to add some juice. This came in form of (once again FedEx back for the UK) a costhworth head with minor work was bolted up. To top it off is a SVT polished valve cover. To match the flow of the head the fuel rail was enlarged with a modified SHM billet fuel rail, and to add some color, a set of Accel 36 lb/hr yellow top injectors. To watch the pressure that�s running thought the newly upgraded SVT Contour fuel pump, is an Auto Meter liquid filled fuel pressure gauge. All that fuel needs a friend, with leaving the stock adjustable intake cam gear in tacked, the exhaust was replaced with a Fidanza adjustable cam gear. Steeda has had their hands involved with the build up as well, with the install of a 2 piece under drive pulley kit. Not much left to do, but if they build it and it produces HP then it will come
After seeing all the JDM Honda�s at the shows with boost, plus loving the sound of the blow off valve when down shifting. The only thing to do was to add pounds to the car, in the only way I knew how. BOOST, and a lot of it. At the end o all my research, I finally came to a conclusion. With no one making a bolt on turbo kit for the SVT I knew I was in for some fun. The first step was to find the right turbo. This turbo needed to be able to handle high boost, have the right maps and work well with all my other mods. Once again FedEX dropped by the house. A Mitsubishi TEO 4H, full ball bearing, was the starting point. Although it was brand new it still needed some work. The intake housing was sent out to get polish, and the exhaust housing was sent out for some ceramic coating. I kept Fireball coating busy, with the turbo as well as the custom made 1 � mandrel bent exhaust header. After Fire Ball was done baking the high polish coating, it was time to bolt it up.

But wait there�s more��.

You cant just bolt on a turbo. I needed some more toys, and if it wasn�t for the boys at JRP I won�t be going as fast as I am.

A Precision Turbo front mount air to air intercooler with a HP rating of 500 gave the front end what it was missing. Feeding the intercooler is set of custom made full polished 3� stainless steel mandrel bent up and down tubes. All though the out side looked great the in sides need to look just as good. So before the tubes were bolted up the inside got sprayed with Teflon to reduce the air turbulence. Holding it all together, FedEx made one more run to the UK for me. Returning with a full Samco hose kit, as well as, all my Samco turbo couplers in bright red. To cool down all that air a CO2 air charger was added. With a 10lb supply of CO2 running to the intercooler I don�t think this car could get any cooler. With clean, cool air flowing from the turbo now, I needed some thing to control it all. Turbo Smart played a big part in the control. A Turbo Smart Ultra-Gate 38mm red top was installed. Then to get the best sound when down shifting and to turn heads, a Turbo Smart Type 3 Dual Port 32mm blow off valve was added. There was only one thing that was missing from Turbo Smart and that was an E-Boost2 with shift and warning lights. Witch is now sitting in a triple gauge pod in the driver�s compartment. The last peace of the puzzle was a 70mm Focus Central Throttle body. With all of this the Stock ECU was confused. So it needed to go to school to learn. That�s where Diablo Sport can in, and where I meet a guru of foci, Mitch from ZX Tuning. Mitch took control and treated my car like his first born. Mitch pulled out all the stops, and squeezed ever ounce off juice out of the freshly turbo'd Ztec. With the ability to adjust the boost from the E-Boost, Mitch preformed Magic, at 18lb�s the 2.0L is now running with 310 ponies and 315 foot pounds. In the low end range, 12lb�s of boost, 260whp. Not bad for a Focus. Mitch feels with a little more under the hood and a little playing around, this could and in the near future will be Canada�s fastest Focus. With the power and knowledge of Mitch from ZX tuning this car will not be all show, so watch out when you pull beside at a red light.

Since I drive this thing every day, and enjoy driving the interior needed some work as well. Where should I start?
One cold night at Altered Sound in Oakville Ed (the owner) Brian (one of the best installers I know) and I, were joking around after installing a 7� monitor in a new BMW.
�What a small monitor! If I ever put one in my car it will be plasma.� With Ed and Brian laughing at me, the dream came alive. 6 months later and a s**t load of planning and thinking (blood, sweet and four letter words), my dash was born. A 15 inch View Sonic LCD monitor was mated with the modified stock SVT Focus dash. Finished in PPG gloss black, with PS2 controls molded in the location where my passenger air bag resided. The Clarion PRO-AUDIO DXZ645MP moved into the glove box. Fulfilling the duties of controlling the PRO-AUDIO DHV940 (sitting in the box waiting to be installed) and audio from the Playstaion 2. The head unit powers 5 Canton speakers including the Canton co-axel 4� center channel, witch is also molded into the dash.
After winning 3rd place at �Import Fest Toronto� for BADDEST MULTI MEDIA. The next interior mod will be finishing the install of a certified DTS, THX and DOBIE DIGITAL sound system by ALTERED SOUND.

Not bad for an every day driver that wins 90% of shows I enter. The list of shows won with this car is as follows:

1st Import Fest BADDEST FOCUS
3rd Import Fest BADDEST MULTI MEDIA
1st Scrape by the Lake FOCUS CLASS 2003
1st Scrape by the Lake FOCUS CLASS 2004
1st Sport Compact Invasion SWEETEST OTHER (competed against other domestics)
1st Compact Dreams FOCUS WILD
1st Car Fest DOMESTIC OTHER (competed against other domestics)
2nd Northern Showdown FOCUS CLASS

Plus several 1st places at local shows

Shouts out to Todd at The Auto Spa
Ed and Brian at Altered Sounds
and the boys and girls at the shows

Plus note the pictures that are attached.

Thanks
Dean W. Ellis

�WATCH OUT FOR THE PURGE AT THE LIGHTS�
Lmao so epic
I laughed so hard when I read the watch out for the purge at the lights lmao.