FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Clutch Master Cylinder Empty?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel like a total noob but i need major help with this one guys.

Here's the story.....I know that my clutch master cylinder was leaking....and has been doing it for the longest time... Some of you know that liquid on your clutch pedal...Why haven't i fixed it there and then is beyond me at this point.
I gave the car to my old man and only see it maybe once a week if lucky (we live in different cities). Basically the clutch pedal is very soft now when you press it with the foot and it catches on the gears kinda too quick......very uncomfy to drive.

Could it be cause of my clutch master cylinder or there's something else i should take a look at?

Thanks
Your clutch master cylinder drives a slave cylinder that moves your clutch in and out. If the oil in your master cylinder got low enough (or you have some sort of seal leak in the master cylinder) that you have air in the hydraulic line between the master cylinder and the slave then it will make the pedal spongy and the clutch will not properly disengage.

So what you mainly need to do is to bleed your clutch hydraulics line. Of course, it would make more sense to replace your clutch master cylinder at the same time because you'll need to bleed it then anyways.
Replace it man, its dangerous to have that stuff leaking all the time onto the pedals.
thanks guys!
Laid off yet? Keep buying foreign! Well, they do make better cars.......

WTF is this you asshole?

They make better cars my ass. Check out JD Powers and then maybe replace your ass with a head on your shoulders.

Idiot.
I have better things to do then proving you facts and fighting on the Internet

I loved my Focus until it hit 200k then everything started breaking down on it. You name it. Even engine mount broke when I was driving so my engine almost dropped to the ground

2 months ago I had to put my folk's Taurus to junk yard due to it's famous tranny falier and it only had 230k and the thing was well mantained.
If you expect any car to last 10 years without an issue your expecting too much man.
hardk0re,Feb 9 2009, 09:26 AM Wrote:If you expect any car to last 10 years without an issue your expecting too much man.
[right][snapback]280763[/snapback][/right]
No s***. My sister's neighbour has a Toyota, 2 years old, and has rust through and through and they are fighting with her regarding warranty work. No accidernts, and it was rustproofed.

Let's talk apples to apples Nic. The warranty information is the numbers that make up a cars top ten list. So a car less than 3 years old.

And the Japanese are losing ground quickly.
hardk0re,Feb 9 2009, 10:26 AM Wrote:If you expect any car to last 10 years without an issue your expecting too much man.
[right][snapback]280763[/snapback][/right]

True, but it shouldnt be dropping engines at 200k either.

We've had bad experiences with our fords, no one to blame but Ford for that. ;)
meford4u,Feb 9 2009, 12:02 PM Wrote:And the Japanese are losing ground quickly.
[right][snapback]280769[/snapback][/right]

I dont care about the 'numbers', I could fawken care less about what JD power has to say, these guys are the same people that gave the focus car of the year in 00. They know nothing, its all about who's paying off who, and that's it. I laughed my ass off at that comment of yours. You need the head on your shoulders old man.

If my focus was built like my suby, you bet I would be singing a different tune about it. I speak from real world experience, not this magazine racing s***.
s*** wears out. That's why suckers like me buy the extended, tits-to-toes warranty extensions. That way, when it does, the most it costs me is 100 bucks. :lol:

The leaking master cyl seems to be fairly common on the 00-03s, but it also seems to be... age.

Ford - it's only Fix Or Repair Daily if you neglect it.

And on that note I'm off to find synth for the Escape this week - 50k service is coming up.
Flofocus,Feb 9 2009, 12:25 PM Wrote:

I dont care about the 'numbers', I could fawken care less about what JD power has to say, these guys are the same people that gave the focus car of the year in 00. They know nothing, its all about who's paying off who, and that's it. I laughed my ass off at that comment of yours. You need the head on your shoulders old man.

If my focus was built like my suby, you bet I would be singing a different tune about it. I speak from real world experience, not this magazine racing s***.
[right][snapback]280778[/snapback][/right]

You may not agree(and at times neither do I) with the stats of JD Powers, Consumer Reports, etc. but alot of people do look at these numbers before purchasing a car.

And I don't see any magazines with the name look at what Flo thinks in the title.

Your Suby was how much new? 30k ish? And the Focus was 16k ish? Yeah, that's a close comparison.
meford4u,Feb 10 2009, 10:46 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Feb 9 2009, 12:25 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]280778[/snapback][/right]

You may not agree(and at times neither do I) with the stats of JD Powers, Consumer Reports, etc. but alot of people do look at these numbers before purchasing a car.

And I don't see any magazines with the name look at what Flo thinks in the title.

Your Suby was how much new? 30k ish? And the Focus was 16k ish? Yeah, that's a close comparison.
[right][snapback]280818[/snapback][/right]

Im just saying, Subaru has a better track record than Ford, that is all.

Those people that listen to JD power(aka, you) are making a huge mistake. I made that mistake already, and paid the price, hopefully your not going to make the same mistake. If you havent realized its whoever pays the price to get their names in these magazines/awards, then I really cant help you at all.

Its too bad I dont have a magazine, I'd have a lot of good advice for people looking for cars. REAL world advice.

Not this 'Well JD power says this is the engine of the year, theres no way it can be dropping motor mounts with only 20k on it, JD power said so!!!"

Didnt subaru get engine of the year from JD power? The new 09 265's are dropping like flies with engine failures. Seriously, take your JD power with a grain of salt. There in it for money, not to look out for consumers.

Two thumbs down for magazine racers. :rolleyes:
I don't pay alot of attention to magazines and stats.

I buy the car my wife wants. Seriously.

She wanted the stinken and I got one for her.

When it comes to my vehicle, I will buy another truck.
But I need to get back working before I do that. And I don't need "flo's magazine" of JD Powers to tell me what truck I will buy.