FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: ball joints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
checked clunking noise and found lots of play at the ball joint on passenger side,,joints were replaced last year in april, arm and tie rod ends also, then line-up all at CtC, started pulling to passenger side which made me jack er up and grab the wheel,,up and down is fine but sideways movement real bad,,,is it hard to chang these joints or find a mechanic,,CTC is out
If it's play side to side it would be a tie rod not a ball joint.
Your best bet is to get a friend to move the rim/tire side to side while you look under and watch the tie rods to see if it's the inner or outer.
No,,it was bad ball joints,,"whitebox" its very dangerous to use this low priced item on any of your steering system,,l replaced them with heavier ones, control arm and all and they cost $150 for the pair, tax included,,nice solid feel to the handling now and also found out where the "growling" came from, its in the flex-pipe,,put my hand on it and it stopped, lm gonna put a clamp around it,,,Please stay away from whitebox parts, yu could get killed....
i had white box lower control arms too and they lasted me a year. I ended up replacing them with ford oem ones.

the white box ones were both cheap in price and quality.
iv been running MOOG LCAs on my SVT for almost 2 years and the front end is as tight as when i installed them. what brands are you guys buying?