FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus ST spotting thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Figured I'd start this, since I saw one out in the wild... Big Grin

June 26, 4:05 pm - black 2013 ST on Laperriere Ave in Ottawa behind Campbell Ford, driven by what appeared to be a tech

Call BS if you want, I saw one with dealer plates on. I'm going ST hunting tomorrow morning on the way to work. Hopefully pics to come.
I think this thread should become one of the more popular threads, with lots of sightings, and FC.net members asking to buy new FC.net decals for their new ST's
Can't find any info on ford sites. What's the price tag?
(06-27-2012, 09:40 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Can't find any info on ford sites. What's the price tag?

29,999.00 to start, well equipped. Compare to VW GTI 5 door......
(06-27-2012, 09:40 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Can't find any info on ford sites. What's the price tag?

Go here (Ford Canada Focus ST site), and click on options. It has some basic numbers.

I went by the dealer this morning, and no sign of the Unicorn. I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy who works for Transport Canada, and they're checking to see if its here for testing. That's my thinking so far.
So let's say $35k after tax. In 2-3 years it will be somewhat affordable Smile

Gonna go check out videos on youtube
I was right in my thinking. I stopped by the dealer tonight on the way home. The car is in Ottawa as a review and testing car (pre-production), and was at Calabogie Motorsports Park today for AJAC testing and first drives. Its heading back to Oakville in the morning.

From the guys I was talking too that had gone for a ride, the only thing that comes close in driving dynamics is the Boss 302 and GT500. The one tech is an MS3 owner, and he's already thinking on trading up.
Mine is 34k out the door with tech pack (mft, dual zone and sony stereo upgrade) as it sits right now
(06-28-2012, 08:34 AM)reldridge Wrote: [ -> ]I was right in my thinking. I stopped by the dealer tonight on the way home. The car is in Ottawa as a review and testing car (pre-production), and was at Calabogie Motorsports Park today for AJAC testing and first drives. Its heading back to Oakville in the morning.

From the guys I was talking too that had gone for a ride, the only thing that comes close in driving dynamics is the Boss 302 and GT500. The one tech is an MS3 owner, and he's already thinking on trading up.

Wow, those are great reviews. Seriosly would love to go for a ride in this little hotrod. I remember when Ken Block got his and he was saying how cool the car is.
I'm not too sold on looks but I'm sure performance wise it will over take my mind.
Ok, that's in the running for my next car.
I'll probably HAVE to start looking in the next year.

HeartHeartHeart
(06-28-2012, 08:34 AM)reldridge Wrote: [ -> ]I was right in my thinking. I stopped by the dealer tonight on the way home. The car is in Ottawa as a review and testing car (pre-production), and was at Calabogie Motorsports Park today for AJAC testing and first drives. Its heading back to Oakville in the morning.

IIRC some of the earliest ST-R engineering tests were done at Calabogie last year - Multimatic Racing was / is heavily involved in its development and Calabogie is their "home" track. At one time they had a video of the ST-R hot lapping Calabogie but I can't find it now. It's entirely possible that Multimatic is providing some sort of technical / marketing support for whatever's going on at 'Bogie with the ST.
One of these days, I'm going to have to go out there. Maybe I'll convince my friend to bring his R32 (after the mad Japanese Scientist he's found in a garage in Hintonburg get's it dialed in first...it kinda had all it's aftermarket goodies disabled in order to enter Canada), and do some leisure laps with it. I do, afterall, live maybe 45-60 mins away from this track...
I cant wait to start seeing these things drive around, i think i will jizz in my pants everytime they do lol
Even my dad is curious about these cars now, as they are the closest thing to a stock Euro Focus that will be available in Canada. He thinks that if they are fast enough, he might be interested in buying one, instead of a Mustang or Ecoboost F-150.
I am not seeing the ST. Drove a black ST last night that my neighbour, who does advertising fo Ford, brought one home for the weekend. Was alot of fun to drive, but that power needs to have a better steering system as the torque steer on that car is brutal. Hold on tight when you drop the hammer.

I win. First member to drive one.
was the torque vectoring control turned off? from every review they said it was flawless for torque steer. maybe it is built into the "modes" of the vehicle, such as sport mode etc... so if you were running raw, i would expect some torque steer too.
(07-09-2012, 11:06 PM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]I am not seeing the ST. Drove a black ST last night that my neighbour, who does advertising fo Ford, brought one home for the weekend. Was alot of fun to drive, but that power needs to have a better steering system as the torque steer on that car is brutal. Hold on tight when you drop the hammer.

The only winners are those that own a Focus.......
Maybe all of your vehicles don't have enough torque for you to know how to drive a FWD car.....

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(07-10-2012, 12:40 AM)oldeguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2012, 11:06 PM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]I am not seeing the ST. Drove a black ST last night that my neighbour, who does advertising fo Ford, brought one home for the weekend. Was alot of fun to drive, but that power needs to have a better steering system as the torque steer on that car is brutal. Hold on tight when you drop the hammer.

Maybe all of your vehicles don't have enough torque for you to know how to drive a FWD car.....

Every vehicle I own, even the wife's car, would drop you like the old man you are. And in style.

(07-09-2012, 11:15 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]was the torque vectoring control turned off? from every review they said it was flawless for torque steer. maybe it is built into the "modes" of the vehicle, such as sport mode etc... so if you were running raw, i would expect some torque steer too.
I don't know. The neighbour shows up, says here, tosses the keys and I head out for a 20 minute rip the tires off the ST marathon.
(07-10-2012, 01:40 PM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]

Every vehicle I own, even the wife's car, would drop you like the old man you are. And in style.

(07-09-2012, 11:15 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]was the torque vectoring control turned off? from every review they said it was flawless for torque steer. maybe it is built into the "modes" of the vehicle, such as sport mode etc... so if you were running raw, i would expect some torque steer too.
I don't know. The neighbour shows up, says here, tosses the keys and I head out for a 20 minute rip the tires off the ST marathon.

Style is such a fleeting commodity. One days style can be out of style the next........I'm not old, I'm olde
Back to the torque steer.....I read that Ford left some in so the ST enthusiats would have that raw feeling to enjoy.
(07-10-2012, 10:40 PM)oldeguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2012, 01:40 PM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]

Style is such a fleeting commodity. One days style can be out of style the next........I'm not old, I'm olde
Back to the torque steer.....I read that Ford left some in so the ST enthusiats would have that raw feeling to enjoy.

It's a lot more than raw feeling. Don't let go of the wheel or it's call the tow truck time.