FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: "Bugs"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heading up to cottage country next weekend, I was up there last year and I clearly remember that, especially when driving at night the bugs were like rain.
Needless to say I looked at the front end the next morning, could hardly see any blue from all the crud and tiny blood stains.

Any thoughts on what I might be able to apply to the front end, hood, windshield that would allow an easy cleaning afterwards?
(hopefully without harming the paint)

I heard everything from Vaseline to butter to even Pam cooking spray or ginger ale - didn't try any of those yet, didn't want the car smelling like a moving restaurant.
I just use good old fashion car wax. I give it a good buff just before going, and a wash when I get home and they seem to come off pretty easy. I actually went to a cottage last weekend washed it yesterday and no problem. Im not sure what those other products would do to the paint or how easy they would be to get off.
David
(07-01-2012, 11:23 PM)shybri69 Wrote: [ -> ]Heading up to cottage country next weekend, I was up there last year and I clearly remember that, especially when driving at night the bugs were like rain.
Needless to say I looked at the front end the next morning, could hardly see any blue from all the crud and tiny blood stains.

Any thoughts on what I might be able to apply to the front end, hood, windshield that would allow an easy cleaning afterwards?
(hopefully without harming the paint)

I heard everything from Vaseline to butter to even Pam cooking spray or ginger ale - didn't try any of those yet, didn't want the car smelling like a moving restaurant.

clear plasti-dip - easy to put on, protects well, easy to take off when you're finished with it.

wow that stuff is pretty cool, thx Smile