FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Time for a new project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night, Subsonic was dropped off to a buddy who traded me one of his toys for the car - an 18 foot cedar strip boat, 50HP Johnson 2-stroke and trailer... along with all the goodies I'd need for it. He actually acquired the Focus for his father-in-law, who wanted a run-about as his car was dying.

I showed him everything about the car, good and bad. He still wanted it. So, next year, it'll be time for a new "project". Project is in quotations because it might be a DD, or it might truly be a summer-only ride. Time will tell.

I actually had some mixed emotions driving the hour or so to my buddy's house last night. It never fails - the kick I had in the steering wheel at speed (vibration) was gone. It still pulled nice and hard at WOT, but I behaved myself so as not to reacquaint myself with the local authorities. The drive out there was pretty much perfect - great weather, no traffic, no music playing, just the sound of an uncorked Zetec burbling along on the highway.

I missed it a little when I get up this morning and walked out the door to go to work. However, Matt and his FIL will do the body up, sort out the few things that are left on the car and hopefully get a few more fun years out of it at least.

I, on the other hand, can't wait to finish prepping the boat (pretty much ready for the season, it hasn't been in the water yet this year) and to enjoy the rest of the summer and some of the fall on the water.

Come next spring, I might look for a manual Duratec wagon (always wanted one after my '07 ZX5). It would be the last Focus body style I haven't owned yet, and if Tank fits in it I might go for it. Otherwise, I'm looking eastward (westward?!?) and considering a RX-7 or another RX-8 - preferably an RX-8 that doesn't swill oil like a sailor on shore leave.

We were all talking at our weekly car meet this week, and I came to realize that there's one thing from 5 years ago that I miss... and it's not my ex-wife. It's my RX-8.

Time will tell. Sorry boys, just needed to get that off my chest. Smile

Have a great weekend!

Adam
Oh man, I was waiting for you to supercharge that thing.

Pick up a Type R or something
Another tear jerking moment brought to you by the members in NB. What the fawk. This site isn't a soap opera. It's for men who like women who drive cars(and women).
(07-07-2012, 01:24 AM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]Another tear jerking moment brought to you by the members in NB. What the fawk. This site isn't a soap opera. It's for men who like women who drive cars(and women).

Haha
*throws kleenex his way*
Here's my next toy.. Might take a year or two to get my hands on one, but I just test drove one and man this things is a big boys toy.

http://www.arcticcat.com/sidexside/model/view/WILDCAT
(07-07-2012, 01:45 AM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]Here's my next toy.. Might take a year or two to get my hands on one, but I just test drove one and man this things is a big boys toy.

Mad fun. Almost 1000cc engine too. Last weekend drove 750cc but you know one of those farmer style pick up ones. Still put a smile on my face as that thing went through everything.
How much do these go used?
They just came out on the market last Sept. and go for over $20k when you start putting goodies on it.
(07-07-2012, 01:52 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2012, 01:45 AM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]Here's my next toy.. Might take a year or two to get my hands on one, but I just test drove one and man this things is a big boys toy.

Mad fun. Almost 1000cc engine too. Last weekend drove 750cc but you know one of those farmer style pick up ones. Still put a smile on my face as that thing went through everything.
How much do these go used?

It's a 4-wheeler for when you don't want to get away from the wife? I don't get it. Never did get SxS wheelers.
(07-09-2012, 09:32 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]

It's a 4-wheeler for when you don't want to get away from the wife? I don't get it. Never did get SxS wheelers.

My quad that I just purchased is an AC 700 LTD. But the wife begged me to get it. I doubt she wants me to get away from her on it. You don't get it because you are meeting the wrong women. Find one who gives it and gets it.Tongue
Oh, and she hasn't looked at the Wildcat yet. I won't let her near the dealer or I would be $20k in the hole.
Oh, we plan on getting quads, but the g/f can have her own. Tongue

I actually want an Argo 8x8 - year-round fun, especially with tracks. They make sense up here with all of the sketchy water crossings we have. I'm not a sled guy.

I'm actually going to build a set-up that we load into the Argo + Argo-type trailer that will let us get back into the bush for a week or more at a time.

The boat's a runabout, pickerel-fishing type setup. My 38lb trolling motor's at the camp already, waiting to be installed.