FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svtf Starting Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just usin this thread to get out some of my stress.
Yesterday after work, my svt won't start, it tumbled to the point where the battery went dead so i figured well may be the cold, so i called CAA for a boost. CAA arrives, the hood won't open, the cable won't even move a tad. So now caa guy can't do nothing, i had it towed to Ford as the car is still under extended warranty. This morning back to Ford, 401 and dixie that is, they got the hood open, the car still won't start even with boost. They push started it, and the engine ran fine.
Now the tech is saying there is no power to the starter, and i have a Full remote/ alarm system[compustar] that was installed about a year ago. Wondering if the alarm system has any thing to do with the starter not getting power?
Anyways the car is still there, they want my remote tommorrow.
another day at ford.
Just tired of the simple problems of this car, too many little things.
But, i love it too.
hmmm :(
Thing is who did the install on the remote? They may have done something that has either worked its way loose after a year or the alarm itself is suspect.

Easiest way to determine that is to bypass the alarm and see if the car starts.

I didn't see an STVF when I was there this AM dropping off the Fusion, what colour is yours?

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 6 2009, 01:23 AM Wrote:Thing is who did the install on the remote?  They may have done something that has either worked its way loose after a year or the alarm itself is suspect.

Easiest way to determine that is to bypass the alarm and see if the car starts.

I didn't see an STVF when I was there this AM dropping off the Fusion, what colour is yours?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]280690[/snapback][/right]

The system was installed by cobra inc, around dundas and mavis.
And its a silver svtf
So this morning I went in to ford, and out of my curiosity, decided to check the relays for the start system.[they actually let me in the shop] The starter wasn't getting power from what the tech said, so I checked the relay for the starter in the hood's fuse box, that was good -no trigger to activate it.
So in the car now, i realized there was a kill start relay, where the alarm activates it on arming so I removed the relay from its socket and jumped pins 87a and 30 with a piece of wire and IT STARTS. Problem was that relay.
They charged me one hour labour, cause they had to do electrical diagnosis, and they practically spend all day yesterday trying to figure?
Took me 10mins with some curiosity,[ and overwhelming stupidity]
Well she's running again. :)
The way I read it was that they charged you an hour labour for you go go and take 10 minutes to fix your own car. But the good news is that it is running again.
lol they must have felt like a$$es good job kinda sucks u still had to pay for it though. They should have payed u lol
. <---- that's a period. Try one out!

:lol:

J/K.

I had the same sort of crap happen to me with my wiper switch. I went in to find out why I couldn't was my windshield... turns out the bottle was frozen. Upon thawing, it worked for 10 seconds and quit again.

Turns out the switch is pooched, not the pump. The cost??? 177.00 bottle of washer fluid.
trinifoci,Feb 6 2009, 10:45 AM Wrote:So this morning I went in to ford, and out of my curiosity, decided to check the relays for the start system.[they actually let me in the shop] The starter wasn't getting power from what the tech said, so I checked the relay for the starter in the hood's fuse box, that was good -no trigger to activate it.
So in the car now, i realized there was a kill start relay, where the alarm activates it on arming so I removed the relay from its socket and jumped pins 87a and 30 with a piece of wire and IT STARTS. Problem was that relay.
They charged me one hour labour, cause they had to do electrical diagnosis, and they practically spend all day yesterday trying to figure?
Took me 10mins with some curiosity,[ and overwhelming stupidity]
Well she's running again. :)
[right][snapback]280702[/snapback][/right]

Good thing they only charged you an hour labour if they spent "all day yesterday" and couldn't fix the issue.

So it was the alarm... I'm always leery of adding those after the fact to a car, too many ways things can go wrong :huh:

NefCanuck
Oki'lluseperiod'sbuti'llleaveoutthespaces.

And that my friends was an expensive bottle of washer fluid, I remember that story.