FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Uneven Rear End?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well something has seemed to have gone wrong? The back end of my car is now sitting uneven. I took it in for service on the weekend and now my drivers side rear sits lower than the passenger side. Did the spring move out of the pocket on the right or could I have broken the spring on the left side? It sat even before? Any ideas? Thanks!
LOFOCI WAGON,Feb 5 2009, 02:17 PM Wrote:Well something has seemed to have gone wrong? The back end of my car is now sitting uneven. I took it in for service on the weekend and now my drivers side rear sits lower than the passenger side. Did the spring move out of the pocket on the right or could I have broken the spring on the left side? It sat even before? Any ideas? Thanks!
[right][snapback]280665[/snapback][/right]
Both seem plausible - are they OE or aftermarket - IIRC you're car is lowered, no?

THe springs on my Mystique (all 4!) broke down at the bottom of the spring - - you couldn't see the problem but it could be felt - - apparently a big problem on Mystique and Contour with higher mileage associated with corrosion - - and yes the car sat lower as I could tell once I put the new springs on.
Yes it is lowered, I will have to check it out! Thanks!