FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looking for Something New, Need Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So Im looking for a new/used car, Not sure What But it needs a Few things.

First it needs to be under 30K $$
4 doors(room for 3 kids in the back)
5/6speed But im flexable
good power
Good on Not bad on fuel

Let me know some thoughts.
(07-12-2012, 02:17 AM)Chromey Wrote: [ -> ]So Im looking for a new/used car, Not sure What But it needs a Few things.

First it needs to be under 30K
5/6speed But im flexable
good power
Good on Not bad on fuel

That 30K - $ or km?
(07-12-2012, 02:35 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2012, 02:17 AM)Chromey Wrote: [ -> ]So Im looking for a new/used car, Not sure What But it needs a Few things.

First it needs to be under 30K
5/6speed But im flexable
good power
Good on Not bad on fuel

That 30K - $ or km?

$$ Ken, Low KM are nice too.
2012 ford focus se with sports appearance package, MT
You could probably pick up a decently optioned new Fusion or a well-equipped used one for $20G. For $30 you're looking at SEL AWD
Do any of the Fusion V6 come in a MT?

ALso, I should say, The Wife wont let me Do much for upgrades... So it needs to be well rounded.

re. Upgrade= After market parts.
(07-12-2012, 05:24 AM)Chromey Wrote: [ -> ]Do any of the Fusion V6 come in a MT?

ALso, I should say, The Wife wont let me Do much for upgrades... So it needs to be well rounded.

re. Upgrade= After market parts.

No they never did ... and I'm pretty sure even the 4-cyl Fusion come only with slushbox for the past couple of years.

My experience on the track at Mosport with the 2012 Focus SE with sport package was really enlightening - I had 8 30 minute sessions over a Sat and Sun.

Frankly it handled great (almost as good as my modified '03) and I'm experienced enough now to know the difference, and even the stock brakes were noteworthy, not to mention the stock Continentals (once inflated to 45 psi) were excellent for all season tires. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one and it's hard to imagine how much better the ST is going to be.

Take one for a test drive ... the solid feeling, excellent feedback and unruffled finesse you feel at 100 kph is still there at 170+.
Does it have to be Ford?
I loved my Mazda5 before it got wrote off a couple weeks ago....

2.3 Duratec w/ 5 speed, handled like a focus but had decent room for the family ( 6 seats or 4 with lots of cargo space!)

New ones are 6 speed manual with a 2.5L
(07-12-2012, 09:24 AM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it have to be Ford?
I loved my Mazda5 before it got wrote off a couple weeks ago....

2.3 Duratec w/ 5 speed, handled like a focus but had decent room for the family ( 6 seats or 4 with lots of cargo space!)

New ones are 6 speed manual with a 2.5L

And then i would want to install go fast parts.

I just got the go ahead on a 40K$ budget, So with my families discount, I took a New Laramie Longhorn, and the kid side of me wanted, so i tryed a 4 door Rubicon.
Both after My discount are below my 40K mark.
The mod bug has already sunk its teeth....

No matter what you get there is going to be the need/want for go fast goodies lol

Good luck with your shopping!
Sonata?
Nice car!
You can pick up a 2006 bmw m5 for under 30k With under 115000kms. V10 need I say more.
(07-13-2012, 04:08 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]You can pick up a 2006 bmw m5 for under 30k With under 115000kms. V10 need I say more.

And then take out a lone too keep the P.O.S on the road.

NO thanks.
okay a 5 series a pos? Easily one of the best built cars on the road.
(07-13-2012, 04:55 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]okay a 5 series a pos? Easily one of the best built cars on the road.

Sorry not interested in V10 ANYTHING.
In the last 17 years ive been driving, I dont think Even BMW drivers have said Buy a BMW to me.

Looks like Im leaning on a Used AWD Flex... Wish it could be the Ecoboost, But i cant find the extra$$.

So Far Ive found 10+ Ford Flex Fully loaded With ALL options I wont except That beautiful ecoboost motor.

Can anyone say anything bad about the 3.5 V6, Please let me know.
What about a new escape ecoboost??
(07-13-2012, 09:07 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]What about a new escape ecoboost??

Too small in the back. Tryed But could not fit 2 booster seats Plus Baby seat.
(07-13-2012, 08:04 AM)Chromey Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Im leaning on a Used AWD Flex... Wish it could be the Ecoboost, But i cant find the extra$$.

So Far Ive found 10+ Ford Flex Fully loaded With ALL options I wont except That beautiful ecoboost motor.

Test drive one first, although it is an awesome vehicle ( if I needed one that big, I would have gotten a Flex ), I've read that the brakes aren't the greatest, making stopping distances a little long. I haven't read of anything bad about the 3.5.
(07-13-2012, 11:13 PM)oldeguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2012, 08:04 AM)Chromey Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Im leaning on a Used AWD Flex... Wish it could be the Ecoboost, But i cant find the extra$$.

Test drive one first, although it is an awesome vehicle ( if I needed one that big, I would have gotten a Flex ), I've read that the brakes aren't the greatest, making stopping distances a little long. I haven't read of anything bad about the 3.5.
Drove a few flexs now, Seems Really nice, But i just cant get into a ecoboost with my budget.
The 3.5 V6 is a little sluggish for the wieght of the flex, Making it suck the gas.
Pages: 1 2