FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: online shipping/billing issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When online ordering from the states it seems alot of places won't ship to a different address from the billing address(or the address on the visa card). Any ideas as to how to get around this?
(07-24-2012, 05:19 AM)Krusty Driver Wrote: [ -> ]When online ordering from the states it seems alot of places won't ship to a different address from the billing address(or the address on the visa card). Any ideas as to how to get around this?

Is your billing address in Canada and your shipping address in the States, or are they both in Canada?
billing address is in B.C. Canada, using a receiver (TSB Shipping) in Point Roberts, WA.
Call em
Give your credit card company the address for the place you are having the item shipped as a secondary address and now both addresses will be the same
(07-24-2012, 08:10 AM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]Give your credit card company the address for the place you are having the item shipped as a secondary address and now both addresses will be the same

^^ this. and more specifically, your credit card company doesn't have a second address field in their filing system, so they will usually put the second address in the "notes" section. it will save you some trouble if you explain this to your supplier because they will have to call the credit card company to verify - they won't be able to do it online.

Another thing you can do, and this is my preference, is to add your US address to your paypal account (if you don't have one you should if you intend to buy stuff regularly in the US) and then use paypal to pay for your item.
Checked my Paypal account and tried to add 2nd address but would only let me add another Cdn address. Will try to contact bank and see about "note"
(07-24-2012, 01:04 PM)Krusty Driver Wrote: [ -> ]Checked my Paypal account and tried to add 2nd address but would only let me add another Cdn address. Will try to contact bank and see about "note"

There is a way to add a US address to Canadian paypal acct - I did it - but honestly it's been so long I can't remember how. Having said that mine is a Business Account, but IMO still worth a call to them.