FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Exit One, Enter Another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, after doing about $1500 work to my '02 Wagon, I was sideswiped.
The insurance company has decided not to fix it.
They are working on their settlement and I will be asking to buy the car back from them.
In the meantime, I have purchased another wagon, this time, it's an '03 ZTW with all the bells and whistles!

Here's the Blue after the swipe:
[Image: IMG-20120720-00860.jpg]

Here's the replacement:
[Image: 2003Focus.jpg]

Here's hoping this one lasts longer! HA!
(07-28-2012, 11:44 AM)Platinum6316 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, after doing about $1500 work to my '02 Wagon, I was sideswiped.
The insurance company has decided not to fix it.
They are working on their settlement and I will be asking to buy the car back from them.
In the meantime, I have purchased another wagon, this time, it's an '03 ZTW with all the bells and whistles!

Here's hoping this one lasts longer! HA!

Sorry to hear - nice pick up though, looks real clean.

I hope you kept your receipts for the repairs / upgrades; I went through the same thing when they wrote off my red ZX5 track rat last year. I ended up getting 2 grand more than their first offer PLUS I got to keep the car and all the good parts I put on it.

If you want any additional info just PM me.
Unfortunately, as the work was done slowly over the space of a year, most of the receipts have vanished.
Sigh.
However, as long as I get what the car is worth and be able to buy it back, I will be happy.
It will give me a chance to remove most of the parts I replaced, and give me the chance to part it out.
I could then possibly make back more than the insurance will give me.
Is the damage that bad? Looks like for $50 at my local scrapyard, it would be as good as new.
Yeah, the right front wheel is pushed back about 2". I haven't gotten underneath to see what has broken.
I agree that it looks like a fender and door replace and it's back, but with that wheel damage, the transmission may be damaged as well.
I'd rather not take the chance, since this is a family use daily driver.
The insurance has given me a settlement and I'm getting the car back so I'll be able to post pics soon.
So the fender is mashed, the door is scrunched, the lower control arm is bent and the strut is also bent.
There's no way of telling if there's any other damage done into the differential or transmission.
I'm going to use this car as a parts car, and once I'm done, I'll sell off the rest of the parts.

In the meantime, the new one had the wrecked wires in the lift-gate. I'm glad I've seen that on this site, so when the shop said stuff didn't work, I knew exactly what to fix.

Fixed all the wires, but now the remote hatch release doesn't work. Sigh ... break out the multimeter
(08-08-2012, 11:35 AM)Platinum6316 Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed all the wires, but now the remote hatch release doesn't work. Sigh ... break out the multimeter

Did you check the fuse?
Which fuse is it? I've tried looking in the owner's manual AND in the haynes, and I can't figure it out ...
Short of going to my friendly ford dude and acquiring the wiring manual, asking you might just be easier.
Thanks!
(08-09-2012, 10:52 AM)Platinum6316 Wrote: [ -> ]Which fuse is it? I've tried looking in the owner's manual AND in the haynes, and I can't figure it out ...
Short of going to my friendly ford dude and acquiring the wiring manual, asking you might just be easier.
Thanks!

Hmmm - interesting question: when I look up the 2004 model year it indicates it's relay R22, but for the 2007 model year it indicates R22 is not used, but I can't find anything else for the liftgate / hatch release. On the 2005 manual it references fuse #37 (25a) for liftgate / hatch release.

Check out R22 and fuse 37- after that I'm out of ideas.
Thanks! I'll check them as soon as I can and let you know.
OK, on my car 37 is not used.
I guess I should have given more info:
'03 ZTW, Zetec with Auto.
I'll need to see if power is getting to the wires at all.