FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Transport Canada Releases Latest Recalls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transport Canada releases latest recalls
January 29, 2009

Ottawa, Ontario - Transport Canada has released its latest recalls, which may affect some Honda, Mitsubishi, General Motors, Mercedes-Benz, Subaru and Chrysler vehicles, and some Britax child seats.

2001 Honda Accord Coupe and Sedan
2001 Honda Civic Coupe and Sedan
Vehicles affected: 218

On certain vehicles, the driver’s airbag inflator could produce excessive internal pressure. If the affected airbag deploys, the pressure may cause the inflator to rupture, causing metal fragments to pass through the airbag cushion material and cause injury. Dealers will replace the airbag inflator.

2008-2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
Vehicles affected: 568

On certain vehicles, the French language tire pressure label may contain incorrect spare tire information. The specification may be shown as T145/70D18, instead of T145/70R18. Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the label.

2009 Saturn Astra
Vehicles affected: 1,032

On certain vehicles, the tire information label may contain incorrect front tire size information. The label indicates P2105/55R16, but should read P205/55R16. General Motors will advise customers and retailers in the form of a letter with the correct specification, which is to be kept with the vehicle’s owner’s manual.

2009 Buick Enclave
2009 Chevrolet Traverse
2009 GMC Acadia
2009 Saturn Outlook
Vehicles affected: 535

On certain vehicles, a safety belt buckle in the second or third row may be missing a rivet. In a crash, this could allow the buckle to separate from the mounting strap, and the seat occupant may not be restrained as intended. Dealers will inspect the buckles and replace them if necessary.

2009 Saturn Vue
Vehicles affected: 31

Certain vehicles may have been assembled with an incorrect right and/or left front steering knuckle. The tie rod ball stud could pull out of or fracture the tie rod housing, which could allow the tie rod to separate from the knuckle and possibly result in a crash. Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the steering knuckle(s) and tie rod(s).

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Vehicles affected: 188

Certain vehicles may contain a front strut with an incorrectly manufactured radial knuckle. Over time, the knuckle may fail, which could result in a loss of vehicle control. Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the front strut.

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid
Vehicles affected: 14

On certain vehicles, the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system may fail. If this occurs, the blower would not function properly, and the mode selector would remain in the last known setting. If the windshield begins to fog or frost, there may not be enough airflow to safety clear the windshield. Dealers will reprogram the HVAC control head module.

2008 Britax Frontier Canyon E9L75M6
2008 Britax Frontier Rushmore E9L75H6
Units affected: 3,920

On certain child seats, one of the shoulder harnesses may become detached from the yoke on the back of the seat when loosening the harness to remove the child. Should one side become detached and not detected by the parent, the harness would not securely restrain a child in the child/booster restraint system in the event of a collision. Owners will be provided with a remedy kit and installation instructions.

2009 Subaru Tribeca
Vehicles affected: 670

On certain vehicles, the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) G-sensor may have been incorrectly installed during vehicle assembly. This could affect vehicle handling during hard braking, sudden turns or other quick manoeuvres, causing the vehicle to react in an unexpected manner or in unstable handling. Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, reinstall the VDC G-sensor.

2009 Chrysler 300
2009 Dodge Challenger
2009 Dodge Charger
Vehicles affected: 16

On certain vehicles, the tire pressure monitor (TPM) sensors may not transmit the actual tire pressure. Dealers will replace the sensors.

2007-2008 Dodge Ram
Vehicles affected: 14,200

On certain Ram 2500/3500 pickup trucks equipped with a 6.7-litre diesel engine, a silencer pad may sag and contact the exhaust gas recirculation cooler, which could result in an engine compartment fire. Dealers will install a bracket to support the silencer pad.

Quote:2009 Saturn Astra
On certain vehicles, the tire information label may contain incorrect front tire size information. The label indicates P2105/55R16, but should read P205/55R16. General Motors will advise customers and retailers in the form of a letter with the correct specification, which is to be kept with the vehicle’s owner’s manual.

P2105/55R16, now thats a big F'ing tire. :lol:
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 30 2009, 03:05 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]280448[/snapback][/right]

well you know, GM is all about the DUB factor lol :lol:
Lol typo on teh trie thats funny, Hey frost if you ever see anythign about the 07-09 Jeep wranglers let me know asap.
ZX3_2NV,Jan 30 2009, 03:47 PM Wrote:Lol typo on teh trie thats funny, Hey frost if you ever see anythign about the 07-09 Jeep wranglers let me know asap.
[right][snapback]280454[/snapback][/right]

I will when I come across any info, I generally post any recalls when the come available. If you are concerned about your jeep Check out the US site http://www.nhtsa.gov, or http://www.jdpower.com they might have some issues about the jeep wranglers, but so far I have not seen any recalls as of yet.
Frost__2001,Jan 30 2009, 07:46 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 30 2009, 03:05 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]280448[/snapback][/right]

well you know, GM is all about the DUB factor lol :lol:
[right][snapback]280453[/snapback][/right]

least they can do is to issue a new sticker!, but no the cheap bastards are just going to issue a letter telling you to look into your owner's manual! :)
Wow. Even Subabru has one!
ANTHONYD,Feb 2 2009, 11:49 AM Wrote:Wow. Even Subabru has one!
[right][snapback]280508[/snapback][/right]

not everyone is perfect :P
NikiterZTS,Feb 2 2009, 02:25 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Feb 2 2009, 11:49 AM Wrote:Wow. Even Subabru has one!
[right][snapback]280508[/snapback][/right]

not everyone is perfect :P
[right][snapback]280513[/snapback][/right]
lol, my suby is going in for its 1st warranty item. My battery died...hooked it up to my charger overnight, put her back in and she was singing to me! Guess the speaker for the alarm has some water in it and it is causing the speaker to turn on when the car is off. Common problem on our cars...fixed under warranty.
^^is it a high pitch type tone ?
NikiterZTS,Feb 2 2009, 03:14 PM Wrote:^^is it a high pitch type tone ?
[right][snapback]280520[/snapback][/right]
yes