FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Idle Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have installed my new 65 mm throttle body courtesy of SL8RZZX3 , Im having trouble setting the idle , I have turned it right down and it still sits just about 1000 rpm . Im thinking that i need a different TPS in order to fix this , but not totally sure . Just thought i would ask on here before i go any further. Any help appreciated.
What SCT tuner do you have? Can you make any adjustments that way?
(07-31-2012, 10:42 PM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]What SCT tuner do you have? Can you make any adjustments that way?
It's an xcal 2 , I was reading a thread on focus fanatics and another guy had the same problem , he said he put a tps that was for a manual trans and it fixed the problem
Alright so I got a new tps from the wreckers and she purres like kitten. Can't believe the difference that the tb makes has a lot of power off the line now.
Sweet I'm glad you got it working!

Did you end up porting the intake mani? Or just bolted it on?
(08-01-2012, 02:04 PM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet I'm glad you got it working!

Did you end up porting the intake mani? Or just bolted it on?

i ported the intake , and i got rid of the ridge that was in the tb. Im really happy with the car right now. she chirps the tires between when shifting from 1st to second. Big Grin