FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: SVT fuel pump upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need some help deciding to upgrade my stock 2001 focus fuel pump to a SVT fuel pump??? Mine currently works fine, just have the opportunity to upgrade it, so I just want to know if its worth swapping out the stock one.
(08-09-2012, 02:03 AM)stupica1 Wrote: [ -> ]Need some help deciding to upgrade my stock 2001 focus fuel pump to a SVT fuel pump??? Mine currently works fine, just have the opportunity to upgrade it, so I just want to know if its worth swapping out the stock one.

ya buy mine Smile hahaha
(08-09-2012, 02:03 AM)stupica1 Wrote: [ -> ]Need some help deciding to upgrade my stock 2001 focus fuel pump to a SVT fuel pump??? Mine currently works fine, just have the opportunity to upgrade it, so I just want to know if its worth swapping out the stock one.

What hp are you aiming for - what injectors?
42lb injectors. and looking to go turbo next month or so. will be around 200whp ish range.
(08-09-2012, 08:04 AM)stupica1 Wrote: [ -> ]42lb injectors. and looking to go turbo next month or so. will be around 200whp ish range.

I have 42 lb injectors and close to 200 with my JRSC - no problem with fuel delivery on the stock Zetec fuel pump. Having said that - if you can get the pump inexpensively and the tank is out of the car already, might be a worthwhile upgrade - but before you do - read this:

turbo tom's opinion on Focus fuel pumps.