FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Someone's Ford F-150 Ecoboost problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I'm interested in some vehicle i do a quick search and try to learn more about it. So new Ford F-150 kinda caught my attention and I heard all the hype about it. Stumbled upon one real good thread/story on F-150 forum. Owner had major issues with his truck starting after 20K miles. He even recorded phone calls with Ford reps. It was silly and disgusting listening of how they treated that man.

Ford rep: "F-150 Ecoboost is not meant for towing" Undecided

Some good read:
http://www.f150forum.com/f38/ford-f-150-...es-157704/
I think every car company will give you the same BS once you drive it off the lot, you get no customer satisfaction. I’ve had a similar issue with a recall that was done on my Freestyle, apparently Ford will pay for the recall once and if that doesn’t fix the issue, then too bad!

I also don’t like the fact during warranty work or recall work Ford doesn’t supply you with a loaner, but I did hear for the new Ford Escape recall they are providing customers with Fiesta’s until there is a fix for the fuel issue.

But yeah going back to this one, if you want to tow then don’t buy ecoboost! Lol, I sometimes wonder if the customer service reps even know anything about their own products. i've seen so many Ford ads with ecoboost and towing freaking boats and stuff!
(08-11-2012, 06:14 AM)mo_focus Wrote: [ -> ]I think every car company will give you the same BS once you drive it off the lot, you get no customer satisfaction. I’ve had a similar issue with a recall that was done on my Freestyle, apparently Ford will pay for the recall once and if that doesn’t fix the issue, then too bad!

I also don’t like the fact during warranty work or recall work Ford doesn’t supply you with a loaner, but I did hear for the new Ford Escape recall they are providing customers with Fiesta’s until there is a fix for the fuel issue.

But yeah going back to this one, if you want to tow then don’t buy ecoboost! Lol, I sometimes wonder if the customer service reps even know anything about their own products. i've seen so many Ford ads with ecoboost and towing freaking boats and stuff!

At one time the Ford warranty rule was if they needed the car overnight you got a loaner.
I feel his pain. Talking to Ford Reps it like talking to a baby. They are just going to stare at you and give you odd looks, then loose interest lol.
Try working there.
oh s**t i was right look at that.