FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Battery Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had a battery light that will randomly go on and off. On my 03 SVTF it seem that it will happen, and whenever it is stopped the car wants to stall when the light is on, but not when its off.

I had the dealership check it out, they preformed a AVR test which was good and I had the battery replaced back in Feb 2012. Any clue what it could be.
I have a similar issue , especially when I'm accelerating onto the highway . I have yet to find and answer ether.
I know this is a simple answer but have you tested the alternator yet?
Clean and tighten all battery connections and body grounds.
(08-12-2012, 12:20 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]Clean and tighten all battery connections and body grounds.

X2 and yes check ur alternator's charging ability. The regulator could be dead
that dealership tested avr and still battery is good since feb 2012, so...it is not an alternator.

clean and make sure to tighten battery posts..and check cables.
(08-12-2012, 12:20 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]Clean and tighten all battery connections and body grounds.

I clean and checked all connection last weekend, and to check to make sure the alternator was charging. It showed 13.5 to 14 volt to the battery while idling.
and also make sure your serpentine belt is not slipping.
i had the same problem

to get rid of it you have to shift down when braking, keep it in 2nd gear as long as you can before coming to a stop (almost stalling)

sounds stupid but it will go away oddly enough
its the tiny power/grounding cables under the hood. focushacks.com has the 'big 3' wire changes. could also the IAC (like n my car lol)
(08-12-2012, 01:34 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]and also make sure your serpentine belt is not slipping.

I've never thought of the belt at all. It could be time for a replacement.

I had the 'big 3' power done for about 4 years now with 4 gauge cable, did it the same time I did my stereo.

Could it be an issue with a remote start or ignition system?