FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb rear disc conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to buy all the parts nessiccery to convert my 2000 zx3 from drum to disc
(08-22-2012, 11:44 AM)jtdanks Wrote: [ -> ]I want to buy all the parts nessiccery to convert my 2000 zx3 from drum to disc

Well I hope you're patient and have perseverance because ever since Ford stopped making the rear disc caliper support brackets all the rear-conversion kits Ford once sold are no longer available - and based on previous posts like yours it appears that all our regular sources are now out of stock.

You've basically got two options - rear SVT brakes and the rear discs from the 2005-2007 ST model - so start checking out the for sale ads on all the Focus sites, kijiji, and call all the wrecking yards in your area.
Curious on what parts I need? If you could list them that be great. I wasn't exactly looking for a kit other wise I'd go to hell and back for the ford racing rally kit, i was looking for svt or the st rear brake set up Haha
(08-22-2012, 12:08 PM)jtdanks Wrote: [ -> ]Curious on what parts I need? If you could list them that be great. I wasn't exactly looking for a kit other wise I'd go to hell and back for the ford racing rally kit, i was looking for svt or the st rear brake set up Haha

Ford Racing was the source of both the rally kit (from the ST) and the SVT kit - but they stopped offering them when Ford corporate stopped making the rear caliper bracket.

So the only part you need to focus on right now (no pun intended) is the rear disc caliper bracket that Ford no longer makes. Everything else is readily available, so there's no point in buying anything until you have the brackets.
Lol I guess My hunt is on
This upcoming weekend I'll be installing svt rear brakes on my st... Not sure if the mounting brackets are different but I'll let you know what I have on monday
Sounds great
Basically it'll be st/rally rear brake kit... Ill have an svt ebrake cable, left/right svt hubs, svt calipers, ST mounting bracket, used st rotors (prolly need new ones), used st pads (prolly need new ones also)
I've been looking everywhere for people selling parts haven't found anything yet
Sorry, not installing my svt brakes ne more... At least not for a while
why not?